Dogomania

Goodbye

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of kitties and girls...

When I was young, many a decade ago, I was at my Grandparent's reading the local paper. This was in Quebec, so the paper was French. I never actually lived in Quebec, so I wasn't too familiar with some of the local slang.

Anyhooo, I get to the personals at the back and was struck by the fact that the vast majority of women who had posted personal ads had cats and were offering men to show them their cat, let them pet their cat, play with their cat, make their cat purr, kiss their cat and even lick their cat. These cats were apparently very eager to meet that special someone, and rub against them.

Some of these cats were even going to be all wet, which I thought was completely odd as everyone knows cats do not like water.

It was such an odd thing about these women and their cats that it stuck in my mind for years after. I remember thinking: "Jeez, these Quebec women sure like their cats!"

Many, many years, later while doing something utterly mundane, it suddenly occured to me that maybe all these women weren't referring to the 4-legged variety of pussycats.

I just read thru this entire thread, and once again have SWORN to not eat or drink at the computer..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

first....dogs and cats are not "natural enemies" since they're both predators on the predator/prey scale....

2nd...I am a member of Petfinder..you want to get slammed, go there. I try to help them and get ragged at because I let my dogs out in a completely fenced yard, in a neighborhood where all my nieghbors have dogs, and for the few hours on the weekend I let them do that I have been slammed for being a "bad owner"...I should stand out there and watch them THE WHOLE TIME....a coyote might jump in my yard and eat them (although both my dogs are bigger than the average coyote)...

3rd.....KG...K is the administrator here. and yes, we like our occasional bar-room brawl....feel lucky she didnt read you the riot act...I got above myself and got read it more than once.

bottom line...get OVER yourself. if things get out of hand K and Mei Mei and the other admins will handle it. thats not your job.

this is a place where MUCH can be learned. I reread the entire thread before posting and NOTHING that was said originally, when WE were trying to help YOU, was nasty, mean or contraindicated. it was only when you started complaining about your "treatment" that things got ugly.

be thankful you got advice as good as you did. and stop complaining about it. you could FIT IN HERE, if you really wanted to. but you have to get off your high horse and stop expecting people to NOT disagree with you. This is a free country. EVERYONE is entilted to their opinon.

so did I. the similarities, despite the name, set off my radar...

it could very well be. if so, she is a teenager who has tried (I'll give her credit for that) to let her parents keep Ceasar inside.

she was doing ok for a while, then stopped posting....