Dogomania

"Natural" dogs are more "fun"

I was talking to someone on yahoo and they said that! Um maybe but unless they show and have a licence they shouldn't breed or put theirs and other dogs at risk(I read that somewhere). "Natural" maybe funner but "Altered" is safer and I feel much better knowing both my babies are altered. He even said that altered dogs are lazy and fat :-? :x :o Um mine are altered and not fat and anything BUT lazy! :roll: ......Oh well I guess everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion on this sort of subject :roll: .

edited to fix a messed up smiley and and to say I stopped talking to him when they pretty much insulted my dogs cuz they're altered. Sorry NOBODY insults my dogs and gets away with it a second time(1st time warning) :evil: :evilbat:

[quote name='Cairn6']I have always been curious about that. With how well they do nowadays you hardly see a scar how do they know for sure your female isn't spayed when you show them?[/quote]

Plus you can get neuticles for males. If someone was really determined they could show a fixed dog.

"fat and lazy" is an Urban Myth. an altered dog often needs less food intake than an unaltered one. they get fat and lazy because people keep feeding them the same amount of food even tho they dont need it any longer. there are hormones associated with neutering that also step on
thyroid. thyroid slows down, dogs need less food.

fat dogs get lazy....

try explaining it that way. maybe you'll get through to him. as far as "fun", mine are all done, and are no less fin, or loving, or willing to play then they were before getting done. they are less hyper. if he is considering "hyper" fun, then yes, I guess they're less fun then.

8)