Dogomania

Getting nervous about Pooh Bear's surgery next week!

Pooh Bear is having his hip surgery on Thursday, May 12. I'll drop him off in the morning and pick him up Friday morning.

I'm definitely going to take Friday off work. I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to take more time off, or if he should just be lying around in his crate most of the time the first week. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and ask him some more questions about after-care.

The Wednesday after Pooh Bear's surgery is my horse's very first horse show, so I'll be taking 2 or 3 days off for that. I wonder if I should just take that whole week off after the surgery.

And I wonder if I should get him one of those chain link kennels for when he goes outside. I'm afraid that Jackie and Maya will want to play with him like they normally do, and he won't be ready for that.

Okay, I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm going to call the vet and see what he says.

What have you guys done with your dogs afterward who have had this surgery done? Who was it, Horsefeathers? I have a good memory, but it's real short.

Okay, I talked with the vet who will be doing Pooh Bear's surgery, and he said he didn't think I would need to take any time off work the week after the surgery. The week after the surgery, I'll be taking Thursday and Friday off for sure, and maybe Wednesday, for my horse's horse show. And of course I'm taking the day after the surgery off.

He also said he didn't think that Pooh Bear playing with Jackie and Maya will be a problem. I'm sure he'll let them know that he's sore, and they'll ease up on him.

And now that I know that I can walk all three dogs together, that will take care of some of the exercise. And I can take him to the lake (about a half block away) for exercise too.

I don't leave for work until 4:00 p.m., so that leaves plenty of time before that for his physical therapy.

Okay, I'm starting to feel a little bit better. :o

Everything will be just fine JM :wink:
And can I just say, I really think its great that you're doing all of this for Pooh Bear, I can think of so many people who would do everything in their power to relinquish responsibility of him, but I'm so glad you aren't. :D
Pooh Bear couldn't have a better mom :wink: