Dogomania

The other way around?

A while ago I posted a thread about me moving Buck into Scott's house after we get married. Well things have changed. My parents are moving to Columbus very soon after we get married and Scott and I have decided to buy their house. I'm really excited because their house is a LOT bigger than Scott's and is in a better neighborhood. Plus, Buck is used to being in their house.

So my question is, should we do anything different for moving Sheridan into my parent's house? Are there things you can do to make the transition easier for a cat? Since Buck knows this house very well, I'm a little worried about him being territorial about it. Is there a good way to make sure this doesn't happen or to deal with it if it does?

Buck's doing a little better being around Sheridan. If Sheridan isn't moving he couldn't care less about him being around, but once Sheridan moves he usually goes after him. So we're working on it. I wonder if he'll behave the same way if he's not in a strange house though.

You might want to shut Buck in a smaller room for a bit and let Sheridan get familiar with the house and all the nooks, crannies and other kat spots that Buck won't be able to get at. This way when they are both loose together Sheridan will not have to be searching for a retreat if he wants to get away.
My kats have an almost uninterupted highway above chest height through the main floor - backs of couches, shelves, desks etc. Drives the dogs to twitchyness but it works for the kats.

I agree with DogPaddle......

Make sure Sheridan has places to get away from the dog if the need arises. You're also going to have to secure a safe feeding spot for the c@t where the dog can't get to it and a secure spot for the litter box. :wink:

Good luck !! Sounds like everything is working out great !!

Guest Anonymous

I haven't had any problems with Kiani going after Faith's litter box. But I did discover that Faith likes doggie food more than her food, and Kiani likes Faith's food more than her own. So make sure they both get fed at the same time, and the dog can't reach the kitty's food. Faith generally likes it when I give Kiani the wet can food, and Kiani just watches her eat it, like you done yet?