Dogomania

laurel saves Ford

courtnek

my sons cat, Ford, is an escapist. I came home, and called the cats to feed them. he didnt come. this is not unusual, he shows up when he wants to and eats. Laurel the foxhound was antsy, looking and baying at the door. after 15 minutes, Ford still hadnt eaten and Laurel was still
antsy...I searched for Ford. he's not in the house, and Laurel is still wanting to go outside, out front. I take Laurel out on her lead, and she starts dragging me down the street. this is not like her, she is very good on the leash. around the corner I see 3 dogs, no owners in site, thrashing at a bush. I hear a "mew" Ford cannot meow, all he does is mew. I know that mew, its Ford.I let Laurel go to the extent of her lead, she takes the other dogs on. I have never seen her angry, she is as gentle as snow, but she is growling, snapping and threatening every dog there, HER cat
is NOT prey and they better get used to it. she drives them off. Ford comes out and I carry him home. Laurel follows and sniffs him every opportunity. they are both now laying on my bed.

bottom line, hounds are not always bad with 'PREY ANIMALS" under
certain home circumstances they will protect them.