Dogomania

Ewww Help!

tx2478

She's using my sons room as a bathroom!!! My GSD that is. Well it just started raining recently and my GSD hates to go out in the rain...Well the other day my kids came and told me that the dog went pee and poop in Adams room...I ran in there and started cleaning the mess and got on to Star for it but it was like she knew she had her head down as soon as i started picking it up...well i thought that was maybe an accident...anyways the sun was out after that and nothing she went outside but yesterday it rained and she went poop again in Adams room and then today when i was in the bath she peed on his carpet....She is currently crated because i had to finish getting ready...

My dog is an inside dog and has no accidents since we had her and is housebroken completly she knows to go to the door when she needs out but now that it is raining alot she doesnt want to go outside and i put her out there and shut the door and leave her out there for a while and what does she do she sits under the patio and jumps on the door which i cant afford the dog scratches as it is(post gets mad)...What do i do?

First use a product like Nature's Miracle on all the spots she's soiled - she can smell it even after you've cleaned it. Second go back to basics on training - a schedule, crated unless she is in site, not allowed to go off to other parts of the house without you etc. Third consider building a cheap covered area and training her to go there. You can use posts, make two taller than the other, run 1x1 stringers and put one of those wavy plastic panels on top. You can build a doggy gazeebo, you can get a dog run that has one of those nylon weather gaurds on top. Might help.

Thanks DogPaddle that was good advice i did steam clean the spots and use spray and wash do you think she can still smell it after that...

Also schippsmom i just decided that same thing to keep the door closed but you can only keep a 2 yr old away from his toys for so long...i am going to go back to potty training but it only happens when it when it rains so i hope she gets over this soon

Smokie won't gooutside in hard rain either, he's scared of it.. lol. He holds it though. Other then that, if it's lightly raining, we have to go outside with him while he goes, lol. Sometimes we have to do that anyways though, lol.. Such a spoiled doggie.

My dog Beckham has the same problem. I'd say clean it very well like everyone else has suggested and then place a bowl of food in the spot where she was going (if it was the same spot each time).

You may have her checked for a UTI as well. Beckham was holding it so much during the rain that he developed a UTI - which I discovered when he kept having accidents in the house after the rain had stopped.

Hope you resolve this soon! It's no fun...that's for sure!

Same problem here. Zebra hates the rain and refused to go the bathroom outside. Since it's been raining so much here he goes the bathroom inside now (on paper). But it's been rather sunny lately and when I take him out he will just stand there and refuse to do his buisness. Arg...sometimes I wonder who trains who. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I would recommend the exact opposite. If your son can tolerate it, put your dogs crate in his room. Maybe during the day, when you leave the house, crate your dog in his room.

The more time your dog spends in his room, the less likely he is to soil it. The old addage "dogs dont sh** and sleep in the same place" is truer than you can imagine.

Now, there is a chance that your dog will start using another room, but hopefully not.

Joseph

I'm not sure even with steam cleaning you're going to get the smell out 100% if you're not using a specific cleaner for dog messes.
I'd say get something specifically made for Dog urine/feces clean-up. :wink:

My dogs don't mind the rain, they actually stay out longer than I'd like to.......I go out with my dogs. They don't have an option. :wink:

one of my firends suggested a bladder infection...i am going to get it checked out she said if the smell has a potent smell and it did smell awful so mabye that is the reason for hte not holding like usual in the rain...

~thanks you guys for all you good advice