Dogomania

And who is the smarter species again?

pyrless

The other night I was stretched out on the living room floor and Sasha came over to lie by me. Taz was unhappy and kept trying to get between us. Sasha had none of it and pawed at him until he stopped. Taz then lay down on my other side and pawed and whined at me for awhile.
Then it was like a light bulb went off in his head! He got up and went to the front window and started barking like a maniac, which always, 100% of the time, sets Sasha barking at the back patio door. At which point Taz came back and calmly took her spot next to me! 8)
:roflt:
Any of you have similar stories, I would love to hear them!

Cute stories!

I have a quick one. The other night we were laying in bed and Scout was laying in between us. Kasey started telling him that he needed to go lay on his bed so Mommy and Daddy could go to sleep. Scout looked at him and put his paws over his ears. I thought we both were going to wet the bed!

When I was much younger, I taught Phyllis ( our Dal girl) to beg. Or I tried to. I'd take her front paws when she was sitting, put her in posistion , say beg and treat her. She'd let me manipulate her but never did it on command. Forward to Thanksgiving (Which is about a month and a half after I started training her to beg Also keep in mind that I only saw her on the weekends and that my dad didn't know that I was teaching her that.). My father had a bunch of friends over for dinner. Phyllis walked to the person sitting at the head of the table and pretty as possible sat up and begged. After that incident, she would beg on command.

A couple years later we got Ivan ( Dal boy) and he was about six months old and a big gangly moose puppy. Well he saw that whenever Phyllis would beg that she would get rewarded so he decided to try it on his own. He fell right over and of course got fawned over.

AWWWW begging Dal's how cute.

I have teaching Toby to sit. When he smells that treat he is all up for it. When he knows I have the treat he gets exicted. I say sit and he sits instantly where ever he is. So so far he has sat in his water. He has flipped his food over and it ran all over the floor, he got scared and ran in his crate. Then the funniest was he was standing up on the gate in the laundry room. I was going to do some laundry so I thought hey why not. He had his front paws up on the gate and I told him to sit. Well he did, but he kept his paws on the gate. Once his butt hit the floor he feel backwards. I've never seen such a look on a dogs face.

Basically the same story.....nothing I taught them just plain super thinking going on !!! :lol:
When I sit on the couch, Sassy the Queen lays to the right of me and Maisy usually lays to the left of me and Gretchen is on my feet on the floor....... :angel:
Well Maisy has been eyeing Sassy's spot for awhile now, well one night Maisy got up and went out to the kitchen and started barking (for no reason) immediately nosy Sass went out to see what all the hub-bub was and Maisy came zipping in and took her spot !!! :o
I was like Whoah, ho, ho......aren't you the little smarty pants !!!!! :wink:
Sass was quite peeved when she came back in and saw she had been usurped !!! :x :lol: :lol:
She was so mad, she went over and curled up on the smaller couch across the room !!! :-? :lol:

I don't know if this really fits, but I can't help myself

McKenzie was a big kisser with loads of slobber. She loved to try to lick my face. I was a little against it as I don't like smelling like dog or enjoy drool dripping from my check. Sometimes I did give in though. Well one day my brother in law, who was 12 or so at the time, decide to go see her. They were out in the back yard and she was licking his face like crazy. Well when he attempted to leave she was not happy. She decides when kissy time is over. She gave him a big slobbery kiss and he went to say something to her. When he opened his mouth she accidently bit his lip. She actually pierced it. He had a hole all the way through. It was very funny, he even laughed.

[quote name='Crystal']I don't know if this really fits, but I can't help myself

McKenzie was a big kisser with loads of slobber. She loved to try to lick my face. I was a little against it as I don't like smelling like dog or enjoy drool dripping from my check. Sometimes I did give in though. Well one day my brother in law, who was 12 or so at the time, decide to go see her. They were out in the back yard and she was licking his face like crazy. Well when he attempted to leave she was not happy. She decides when kissy time is over. She gave him a big slobbery kiss and he went to say something to her. When he opened his mouth she accidently bit his lip. She actually pierced it. He had a hole all the way through. It was very funny, he even laughed.[/quote]
Ouch! :o