Dogomania

I had a scare this morning...

Aroura

I was sitting inside this morning when I suddenly heard this almighty yelp coming from the backyard that just went on and on. I walked outside to see Diego walking towards me with a paw dangling - it reminded me of the time Tessa broke her leg, the way it just hung there. I sat down and touched it, thankfully it hadn't been snapped. He got up and went to walk and it touched the ground and he started to yelp again. I gave it half an hour and he got up and still yelped when he walked, he leg was a little swollen so I thought why take the chance? And took him straight to the vet.

Thankfully, it was only a strain! He's still yelping when he walks on it, I've got him on pain killers and he's going to stay crated for the rest of today and most of tomorrow.

For about half an hour then I was so worried he'd fractured it, I was so releived to find out it was only a sprain :drinking:

I just let him out to the toilet. I let him out of his crate, out the front door and went to grab him before he went down the steps. He was too quick for me, and hurt it again :roll: Next time I'll have to remember to pick him up BEFORE opening the front door! He pee'd for ages lol, now he's back in his crate crying because he's bored :(

Thanks everyone, I'm sure Diego would be pleased at your concern :wink:

Whippets are very sensitive dogs, they have this way of making you feel sorry for them, even when there's nothing wrong with them! Diego freaked out one day when he thought Josh was home because I drove Josh's car home, he just sat at the drivers door and cried, when I opend it he got in and sat on the seat and cried. So then I cried too!!! Another thing he does in wonder around wimpering when he decides its bed time, so I feel sorry for him and go to bed and he can crawl under the covers with me, sook. Thats not so bad though since I taught him to sleep in his crate! Its like the puppy who cried wolf, one day he really will hurt himself and I'll think he's just being sooky! :roll: