Dogomania

A great pit bull video

AllAmericanPUP

PLEASE crosspost this to anyone and everyone you know, and any forums you belong too(that I havent already posted it on :P )
This one really gets the message across.
The video warns you before hand, but I will warn you now too.
It has some very graphic pictures
You only need your speakers for the background music, if you don't like rap music, and dont like cus words, then you might be better off to turn your speakers off.
but the music really goes with the video..
[url]http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/[/url]

Guest Mutts4Me

That should be shown publicly, projected on a big screen.

Just put a big ad in the paper offering a forum on "The Pit Bull Problem," and you'll get haters and lovers alike coming out. Start with that and see where it goes from there.

That was extremely powerful ... a great message.

I wonder are there those in the Pittie "community" out there, especially in the U.S. who are going beyond the fight against BSL, to try and preevnt the abuses that are going on? The dog fights, etc?

The main things I hear from this corner are all about preventing BSL .. which is a noble and essentlal part of protecting the animals themselves, I understand that. But is it not just a part of it?! It can NOT be just about protecting our right to own APBTs! We must support pending legislation that makes dog fighting a felony in the U.S. ... We must support law enforecement in breaking up fighting rings ... there must be organized condemnation of irresponsible breeders.

Are there any APBT organizations that any of you know of who are doing these things on behalf of these poor animals? Again I mean BEYOND expelling the myths and trying to prevent BSL.

You know, desertlady, your post made me think. I mean I know there are people out there doing what you said but its not something I hear about. I only hear about anti-BSL, and educating the public about the real pit.

Angie's K9 Kids here in Dallas (which has a lot of pit-fights) rescues pits. One situation made me cry. There was this one pit who one of the volunteers came across and the guy was going to shoot the poor pittie. She paid him $3, 3! Thats how much this dog was worth to him. Basically he was going to shoot him because he lost in a dog fight. Now, that lucky boy is named Patch (hes in my banner in my siggy) and had surgery to correct his hindlegs which were severly deformed (I believe his kneecaps were on the wrong side of his leg and so twisted inward! ick!). Hes at Straydog now but still hasnt been adopted. Hes not even dog aggressive either.

Youre right though, there needs to be much firmer laws on dog fights, and even more so I think on animal abuse because thats where it all starts, IMO. I know there are organizations out there trying to change this but again, its not something I hear about too often...

Well it would be very difficult and probably even dangerous for an org. to "wage war" on the scumbags. It is good to see progress as far as felonizing animal cruelty and better enforcement but there is still a long way to go. It just breaks my heart to watch these videos but I need to, partly to make myself understand the situation better.