Dogomania

Pits and the Media... will it ever end?!?

Ok so Im trying to think of different artists, shows, and other things that have had pit bulls involved with them...

LL Cool J had two pits on chains SOOOO close to being able to bite each other. :evil: There was a crowd surrounding the pits that were on a platform that was all lit up. :roll: Old video I think but I dont know the name of the song.

Hip hop video "Hood Hop" I forgot the artist... practically the same thing except it wasnt all glamorous-looking, it was on the streets but this time the pits could actually touch :evil: :o

Missy Elliot as much as I love her has pits on her album cover not suggesting anything bad but still hip hop and pits, all I can think of is fighting them. :roll:

Juvenile had two pits in his video again nothing bad but still...

Can anyone else name some more... Im having trouble thinking but Im just doing this because Im trying to think of all the bad media about pits.

Guest Mutts4Me

DMX has a kennel of pits, and he also started a line of clothing for dogs, which he would model on his pits. His pits all have numbers as names, and they used to be in his videos a lot, but I haven't seen any of his videos in several years.

Lil' Bow Wow (when he was still lil') had pit pups in at least one video, Puppy Love, where he took his girlfriend to see his litter of pups.

I don't know, what other stuff are you looking for?

Guest Mutts4Me

First off, a correction. DMX's pits seem to have names. I may have been confused by his clothing line, Boomer 129 which was named after his late pit bull, Boomer (not Boomer 129).

Secondly, more stuff about him:

[img]http://a426.g.akamai.net/f/426/492/04052001/s.hotbot.com/lycos_music/images/full/490/494635.jpg[/img]

Lyrics for "Dog Match" with Eve:

I know my babygirl is gonna stretch
Any rappin' m*****f*****, male or female
Place your bets
You can imagine what the bloodline is like
Since I love mine to fight
Get em girl, ha-ha, that's my baby
I'mma put the b*tch down, cause the boy got rabies
All my pups is crazy, cause off the leash
They can eat, stand a match for 3 hours at least
And if the beast is in the big one
The beast is in the little ones

Image from "What's my name" video:

[img]http://www.fox5atlanta.com/graphics/bredDMX.jpg[/img]

Personal account from an AmStaff owner who met DMX:

[quote]My Dogs Posed For Playboy! (well, almost)

Last Update: Tuesday July 23, 2002

Yes, you can image my excitement when my two beautiful American Staffordshire Terriers (similar looking to pit bulls) Emma and Parker were chosen to do a fashion layout with rapper DMX for Playboy magazine. What great exposure for them, so to speak. Both girls have competed in agility and conformation show events, so this would be a great "brag" to all my dog-show friends. My dog Emma was picked for the job after the Playboy stylist saw her photo on an animal agent's website. She has a very "pretty" face and has appeared in Dog Fancy magazine, breed calendars, and breed books (brag, brag, brag). They needed two dogs, so I brought along my other dog, Parker, a smaller female.

The stylists said they wanted my dogs on prong collars, which was no problem, but I told them I opposed anything that promoted the dogs being violent or attacking. They're too friendly for that anyways. After several hours of waiting, DMX showed up and seemed to love my dogs. He played with them and said they reminded him of his females (he has 10 pit bulls) and we discussed how they were "the best dogs with children". The shoot was a good time, with everybody drinking beer and eating fried chicken, collard greens, and macaroni, even the male models, who got paid for several hours of work to do nothing (lucky, lucky) and my dogs impressed everyone with their good nature and manners.

So imagine my suprise when after 5 hours of waiting around, I'm told DMX didn't want to pose with my dogs in a photo because they were "too friendly" looking. Yes, the only kind of pit bull he wants to pose with is the mean, pig-faced "my dog is my weapon" kind of dog. I pride my two girls on their friendly and approcable looks and demeanor because I want to change the way people view this breed. Here is a performer who loves his dogs so much that he writes songs about them, but still wants people to view them as "mean", even though he knows they're not. This kind of attitude is what is getting our breeds (American Staffordshires, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc.) banned in cities and entire countries all over the world. In order to change people's opinions about these dogs, we have to stop portraying them a nasty killers and fighters. I think this is especially important in the African-American community, where dogfighting and pit bulls attacks are so prevalent. In the end, he posed with two photos holding my dog Parker, so I'll keep you posted if they make it in the magazine.

But I guess it's the irony of it all that confuses me-pit bulls rejected by Playboy for being "too friendly". I guess we just can't win...

[/quote]
from: [url]http://adult.backwash.com/content.php?jouid=3921[/url]

[quote name='Mutts4Me']DMX has a kennel of pits, and he also started a line of clothing for dogs, which he would model on his pits. His pits all have numbers as names, and they used to be in his videos a lot, but I haven't seen any of his videos in several years.
[/quote]

Oh I saw that on MTV Cribs...
Wait maybe it was DMX and not LL... dont know why I would mix them up but when I think about it I get the thoguht of him! :evil:

Anyway, Im just trying to think of some bad media just for reference if I ever need it.

It's OK if you like DMX's music ... Music is art, a reflection of culture that is sometimes ugly. And just because you get famous with your art doesn't mean you have to suddenly be this perfect role model ... on the other hand when you hear of an artist being violent, smoking crack, etc. etc. there comes s point when maybe you don't want to line their pockets.

Guest Anonymous

I loveeeeeeeee Hiphop music. I have been a Hiphop dj and listening to the music for 13-14 years. I refuse to listen to any of DMX's garbage because I personally think that he is scum. DMX has many songs promoting dog fighting and the fact that he tries to glamorize dog fighting in his videos which are watched by many teenagers and even younger children just goes to show what a worthless piece of scum he is.