Dogomania

Kitten torture update- hopeful

bk_blue

I know it's not dog-related but I did post the original story here a few weeks ago, here is an update (typed straight from The Age newspaper 3/6/04):

Queensland police will appeal against the fines imposed on six Townsville-based soldiers who tortured and killed a litter of kittens.
Police Commissioner Bob Atkinson said yesterday he believed the fines were an inadequate penalty and an appeal had been lodged in Townsville.
Last month, the soldiers pleaded guilty in the Townsville Magistrates' Court to charges of cruelty to animals and were fined $2000 each. Magistrate David Glasgow ruled that convictions would not be recorded against them.
Each of the soldiers, aged 19 to 26, also undertook to do 100 hours of community service at Townsville's animal refuge, but the RSPCA rejected the offer.
The soldiers dragged one of the kittens behind a motorcycle then crushed it under the tyre of a vehicle. Three other kittens were doused with fuel and set alight.

I hope these sick bastards get what they deserve... I completely fail to understand who wuld get off on such a heinous act. I am pleasantly surprised the police are pushing for a greater punishment (what that would be I don't know), that is fantastic news. Hopefully this will be the start of a trend for more severe penalties for people who abuse animals. I did send an outraged email to the embattled defence minister who is in enough trouble with other matters at the moment. I certainly won't be dancing on his grave when his govt loses the election *fingers crossed*.

:evil: What lovely young men :evil:
[size=7][color=red][i][b]NOT[/b][/i][/color][/size]
When their time comes, this they will remember
Why ????? because it will be brought back to haunt the
critters :lol:

They will get their just deserts :evil: :evil: :evil: [/u][/i][/b]

Believing in karma the way I do, I'm sure they'll get theirs in the end. Creeps.[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0agANA3gibnHWpLbhXWCnAh6I988OolFcHYKH74GgfRG0du0SN71HmfBi1JJotlHfiYki5AnEttRP8aZoVwo1VAQr!H1*KVgHWdKwSSUmPadwP8!xKuGV9JQra7JUSDnzK3QGpCXMLljX2pH0KbGGBu8NfAcJ2aX6/smiley%20angry%20blaze.gif?dc=4675382217556571913[/img]