Dogomania

Flat-coated Retrievers!

Mutt_Lady

Guest Anonymous

yes there is a flat coat owner here.. i'm drawing a blank as i'm on narcodics for my back but i want to say NEA owns one

I don't own a flat-coat, but I absolutely love them! I always wanted to have two dogs: a Golden Retriever and a Flat-Coated Retriever.

Well, I have a Golden Retriever/Husky mix (who basically looks all Golden) and a black Golden/German Shepherd/Collie mix. So at least I have the gold dog and the black dog!

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwD**7IYa*OdQwmWD!oqYuVC*jgu5mIvOczPMjs9U0OoO4R!a2LHnvuvjHaa8kcEQV4AcMzgcYp2ecVwbiB2kg2MoOVg03Ohrx2To9NI6ZYhHKGdjf33jLBXJoh3sVUl/DCP_0010.JPG?dc=4675455616196315487[/img]

I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner! :o

This is my flattie, Web:
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A9676323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D444%3D637%3DXROQDF%3E232353385734%3Aot1lsi[/img]
And showing that he really is a water-loving retreiver :wink:
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A9676323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2329%3D444%3D637%3DXROQDF%3E23235528%3B52%3B3ot1lsi[/img]

Is being licky something most flats are? All of the ones I've met have ben. :) Webby licks the guinea pigs when he meets them, they don't seem to mind that much but do look a little suspicious. :lol: After Tizzy bit Web's nose once he has gained some respect for that end of Tiz and now just licks Tiz's rear end. :roll:

Thanks for all your help, DAL. I appreciate you directing me towards the Flat-coated Retriever among us. *lol*

Also a big "hello" to JackieMaya. It's odd that you had those two breeds in mind and then wound up with different ones. What I think is a crazy coincidence is that my sister (who owns a Flattie) wanted to own a Golden Retriever and a Flattie. But instead, she owns an Airedale Terrier and a Flattie. I guess you both found a better dog than the one you missed out on. :) Your two are beautiful!

Hey there, Nea! It's been quite the long-awaited arrival for you to find this thread. *lol* Probably should have just private messaged ya. Sorry. I don't own a Flattie but my sister does. I have pix, and I'm not afraid to use em! ;)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='JackieMaya']I don't own a flat-coat, but I absolutely love them! I always wanted to have two dogs: a Golden Retriever and a Flat-Coated Retriever. [/quote]
I have those two breeds :D

Hello everybody! I just found this forum. I am from Slovenia and I am a flat coated retriever breeder - at least I am starting. You can see more at my web site: [url]www.ronraj.com[/url]. I am happy that I found more flat-owners and those who like this breed.