Dogomania

I've just had to make the biggest decision of my life =..(

Aroura

Guest Anonymous

(((((((hugs))))))

Have someone with you when the time comes. No matter the reason it's never easy!!!!

(((((((Hugs))))))

There is going to be a few people there - my mum will be there, Josh is getting time off work, his mum might come and I think my sister will be there also. She's such a beautiful dog. The appointment is for Thursday afternoon :cry:

[color=darkred]Hope Im not too late but just came across this post.
I can't believe this is happening Lilly is so adorable and cannot understand why it would have to be her.

Aroura what about muzzling her, I know it might sound cruel but if it was to prevent her from biting anyone then that would be my option when taking her out![/color]

Shannon, I have considered that, but I would still be worried about her getting out or someone jumping over the fence. The people next door often have children visiting, and there is a vacant block of land behind us that kids can play in and could accidently hit a ball over & jump to get it. Besides which I plan to have children myself someday and I couldn't have her around then anyway.

However sad it is, the fact that I know it is the best thing to do really helps, I cry alot, that can be expected, but inside I know she'll be going to a place where there is no stress, and she wont always be striving to be good & getting in trouble for what she does. It must be a hard life having something in your head telling you to do something bad and then getting in trouble for it. :cry:

Aurora, I agree with that. My neighbors kids are now "trained' to come to the door and ask for their balls back. If no one is here, (Kyle is gone, I ran to the store..I will leave them out if I will only be gone a few minutes) they consider it a loss. (Freebee will chew them up). I had long talks with all of the adjoining neighbors. the odds are good NEITHER of my dogs would ever hurt them, (especially Laurel. She'sa complete wimp, and would go to the back of the yard and bay)
however, I am not willing to take the chance. They agreed. With a dog known to be unliking of children, the risk is much greater....

Aurora, I feel your pain. What you are doing is right, for everyones safety, but knowing that does not make it easier. Visualize my shoulder, sweetheart, and know yu can cry there anytime..

:angel: :angel: :angel: