Dogomania

:o( This just broke my heart

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This has got to be the saddest thing I have come acorss yet while searching the shelter's for dobie's.

Rocco 2
Dog
Doberman Pinscher

Size: Large
Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: Rocco is a very special Doberman! He has a lot of accomplishments to his name. He has done obedience, agility, has his CGC (Canine Good Citizen Certification) and TDI (Therapy Assistance Dog Certification). He's a great dog that really enjoys people. Unfortunately, an accident left Rocco paralyzed, and now he must use a doggie wheelchair to get around. Rocco's owners are having difficulty accomodating his special needs, so now he is now looking for a very special home. He prefers one without rowdy dogs, and stairs that he can't climb. He needs a loving and understanding person who will see past his disability and love him for the wonderful dog that he is. And - if he can get all of his wishes - he would like to continue with his therapy dog work, and visit people in hospitals to cheer them up and inspire them. If you would like more information about Rocco, please call Sheilla Dingus at 404-395-5843 or email [email][email protected][/email]. Thank you for your interest in Rocco.

[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/GA188/GA188.2762352-1-x.jpg[/img][img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/GA188/GA188.2762352-2-x.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/GA188/GA188.2762352-3-x.jpg[/img]

Poor poochie..lost his legs and now his master :cry: :cry:

Guest Anonymous

I sure hope so..I hate to see situations like that one come up. It's sad enough something happened to him like that in the first place....but then his owner is bailing on him too...bless his little heart (or big from what the profile says) :)

Well I don't know if I'll be able to take the little thing because of my allergies... As I understand they do shed, plus that I haven't really got any experience with doberman pinchers so I don't know if I'm allergic to them or not (some breeds cause more allergies for me then others).

Still... that was the first thought that popped into my head when I read that text. When we go out we have TWO steps from the door to the ground and back. No more steps anywhere. There's two kind of planks or what you call them below two doors but those rooms are the two bathrooms. And the doggy would be free to run outside and and... hmm... what more? A medium sized house with room to spare for one more dog (actually in my eyes we have PLENTY of room for 10+ dogs, but don't tell that to my parents).

I just spoke on the phone to the lady involved with Rocco's rescue. She's going to send me an application for adoption and then we're going to set up a homecheck. We still don't know that we're the right home for Rocco, but we'll see. The main drawback is that I have so many dogs... not necessarily the number of dogs, but the commotion might be a concern for someone not familiar with my couch potatoes. I'm not getting any high hopes. I just want what's best for Rocco, whatever that may be.

HF....if I could reach through the web and both hug and kiss you I would!!!
(hope your hubby doesnt mind, I'm sorta touchy feeley) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you want to help, but please be sure you can do this, it will be alot of work. and if you DO do it...I LOVE YOU!!!

you are a saint...and should be touchy-feeley-hugged-kissed-whatever"

for ALL the wonderful things you do!

the world needs more people like you - have lots of kids...(just kidding)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='courtnek']

I know you want to help, but please be sure you can do this, it will be alot of work.

[/quote]

I know. It's definitely something to consider. According to the lady, Rocco has full control of his bladder, but sometimes has poop accidents as he doesn't quite have control of his bowels. Well, pphhhtttt, Pauly has FULL control of his bowels and STILL occasionally "forgets" what outside is for :o . Good thing we basically have throwaway furniture and flooring. Also, there would be a lot of work getting Rocco "suited up" in his chair (I would imagine). We're still considering it and it's definitely a good reason to ask a lot of questions. Still, I can't help feeling like it can't be much harder than caring for Goober (anyone remember him?). This dog was tiny, but he was blind, deaf, jawless and toothless and had to be handfed soft foods, had Cushing's, was senile and somewhat incontinent. If the worst thing about Rocco is his chair thing, well, we have it made. :lol:

[quote]have lots of kids[/quote]
ACK! :o :-?

[quote]Quote:
have lots of kids
[/quote]
that WAS rhetorical y'know. THANKS HF, for CARING... and thats NOT rhetorical...

I meant it when I said there should be more people like you in the world..that kind of caring, and commitment, would do the wold a lot of good. DONT downplay yourself, by any means...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Guest Anonymous

HF is definately a :angel: ....Im glad I posted about Rocco now....hopefully he will get the home he deserves....he looks like such a wonderful dog ;) I might have to come visit him though. hehe

Y'all are making me :oops: . Give it some time and you'll be calling me a hoarder (those who aren't already muttering it under their breaths). *snicker* :P

Kiwi, I don't know about the visit yet. The lady I talked to still has to locate an application (she said a lot of data was lost when her computer crashed) and get that to me and then she has to locate someone involved with Dobe rescue in my area (probably out of Florida) for the home check. I have no idea how long it will take. I'm still taking it all in stride... I think it's very possible that they may think my home is too chaotic with all the other animals. That's their call to make, I reckon. As it is now, she said there hasn't been a lot of serious inquiries about Rocco, but I'm sure they aren't going to just ship him off to the first person who says they'll take him. I know for myself how diligent you have to be about finding suitable homes for special dogs. All I can do is live with their decision which I'm sure will be made with Rocco's wellbeing in mind.

I guess I'll know when I know, aye? 8)