Dogomania

Oh My God...

courtnek

The hunt club that gave Laurel up to the Rescue Society are saying "Sheshould not have been adopted, she should have been put down. She is too fearful for home life, she was Omega..." and they want to have her taken away...the RS is trying to get affadavits "basicallymy take"
on owning her...They want to stop giving, in their opinion, "non-houseworthy dogs" to the Shelter...

Please help me!!! Allow me to use your input on how I have raised, treated, and trained Laurel....some others on her position turned out bad (because the owners did not know what to do) in their homes. They were returned to the rescue, and I suspect some of them are trying to sue.

I dont know that for a fact, but its the only thing I can think of that would make them even care....

I sent this email to them....please leave it here for futire reference, if I need it. Thanks!!

I am SOOO pleased!!

and laugh at me all you want....but she is sleeping on the couch!! sounds like a problem, but in the past, she would only sleep under the desk when I am here, or in my room when I am not. She is "branching out" - she sleeps on the couch with Freebee (do I spoil them, YES...lol) when I am here, rather than being afraid and having to be under my feet all the time...she seems more comfortable, happier, and less afraid.

We went for a nice long walk, all three us of, and she kept up with tail held high!!!
I dont think I have ever seen her with her tail high since I got her...it was always tucked between her legs, or wagging madly at half mast when I got home and she was happy to see me.... she is coming along nicely. She is more like a household dog now than the scared, unassuming (NOT unassuming anymore!!! She wants HER way now...lol)
pupster she was when I got her!!!

Now I have to break her of some bad habits (gently) and start serious obedience training...but it will be easier now that she's not afraid...

You would be amazed to see her. She's a different dog entirely. She barks/bays to warn me when she hears strange sounds, she stands up to Freebee's bull...(that takes some doing), even stood her off when Free tried to steal one of her bones.

All in all I feel she is coming along well....she seems like a happy pup now, not always cringing and afraid...standing up for her own...I'll let you know how her training goes. I think it will go fast, now that the fear is out of the way. She already walks nicely on a lead. I have to get her recall and "COME!!" trained, but I dont think that will take too long!! (I wanted her to go out, she didnt come off the couch when called...she really is comfy on the couch, so we had a slight disagreement there...but she's learning)

Am I spoiling her? probably...I think she deserves it...and I can train it out if it gets too far...

she is so loving, and so sweet and gentle...wants nothing more than to put her head in my lap and sigh...(I'm sure that's all for affect, she's much smarter than most people would give her credit for) and she makes me spoil her just by acting that way...yes, I'm a sucker...but a sucker who knows what's going on, at least.....hee hee!!

Thanks SOOO much for rescuing her, and letting me take her to my home. She is a joy to own, even with all the past issues...If you guys are ever at Petco in Dundee, or Schaumburg, or Hoffman, let me know. I'll bring her to see you!!!

They adopted her out, meaning they have no responsibility over the dog anymore. Laurely is YOURS, re-read your adoption agreement. They can't take back a dog when the owner is unwilling, because it's not their dog, its YOURS. Laurel is happy with you, and you are with her, they should let it be because its a losing battle.

thank you Anoir I panicked...after looking into it, they cant take her back...
she is mine.....but they CAN stop adoptions like Laurels, where the dog is not really "houseworthy"...but people like me, knowing, and willing, to work with their issues, should be able to adopt them...

that's the issue I intend to fight....and fight I WILL...she is a good dog, and deserves what I can give her...

:evil:

What?? Why would they want to take her away from you? How strange that they are actually going out of their way to take her back! What would they do with her if she were taken away anyhow?

Geez, you must be really frustrated. You have put so much love and time and understanding into getting Laurel out of her shell and these people have the gall to say, "No, sorry it's just not possible."!!!

I don't know what your adoption agreement says, but hopefully they can't remove her from you. What good could possibly come of it?

I just don't understand why they need to get involved when there haven't been any problems. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... Do they just have way to much time on their hands??

Courtnek, it sounds bogus to me. I was thinking, too, that they couldn't just come in and take her away if there was no breach of the contract. I know most rescues make you sign contracts basically saying how you'll care for the dog. My contract for Perry was four pages long of stuff like how he'd never ride on the back of a pickup truck, be tied outside, yadda yadda yadda. I'm not even sure how much of it is enforceable if it came down to it (not that I'm not living up to my end of the bargain). I think it's just an earnest effort to find good homes. I'm not aware of any rescue/repo cases actually going to court, but I'm sure stranger things have happened. If you've met your end of the bargain, I wouldn't think they could retro fit new rules. I wouldn't sweat it. Besides, if it really came down to the wire, well, it would be a d*mn shame about Laurel escaping and not being seen since. I am pretty sure they can't kick down your door and force their way inside to have a look.

THANK YOU ALL!!

They cant take her from me, I already acsertaind that..they CAN prevent people from adopting dogs like Laurel, dogs with "issues"..AND I AM GOING TO FIGHT THAT....If I can prove I can help a dog like this, which I have already done..and give them a good and healthy home, then so can others. Maybe some extra checking into the home is necessary, but it can be done. I'VE DONE IT!!

8)

take me on, Hunt Club...YOU WILL REGRET IT....

:evilbat: :evilbat:

I wish they would spend more of their energy pursuing people have done the wrong thing rather than the right thing. :roll:
Courtnek- you have taken on a huge challenge with Laurel and transformed her from a scared, fearful little creature into a happy, slowly more confident dog- with a lot of hard work. You should be proud!! And you can pass that onto them and tell them to stick their bullsh*t big talk up where the sun don't shine. :evilbat: