Dogomania

Two funny things happened during the dog show last night

drjeffrock

What an eventful dog show! We watched the dog show, and Dex was staring down all the competition. He barked at a couple of the dogs, which Christine and I found humorous.
I guess he really dislikes Portugese water dogs, because the Portugese came on screen, and Dex jumped OVER Kira and barreled into our TV. I swear it looked like he was trying out for the long jump team, lol. Thank goodness the TV did not fall or come crashing down.
Anyhow, Christine got inspired by the show, so she decided to do "show" me our dogs. She started w/ Kira. LOL, she got a couple treats in her hand, and said "The Akita" Then she trotted around our living room with Kira on a lead. Kira refused to stack for us, LOL. She saw the treats in her hand, and kept sitting to try to get the treats, hahaha. This should have been a precursor to our "show."
So, then Christine decided to "show" Dexter." So much for political correctness. She says "Theeeee Pitbull." As she starts to trot around w/ Dex he got so excited he started jumping up and pulled on Christine so hard he tripped her and she fell flat on her face, LOL. I could not help but to LOL, and Christine is saying "My ankle, my ankle." Thank goodness she was ok, but I thought it was very funny. We have decided to retire Dex from the show ring after that event, hahaha

Guest Mutts4Me

I watched the last three groups (cuz I MISSED the Akita and the whole Working Group cuz my newpaper LIED to me in case no one noticed my other posts about that ;)) with my kitten, Scooter.

I wish I could remember which dog had him going. Watched the whole thing, but one dog came on and Scooter got all alert and cautious... I can't remember which. Hmm... Funny though :)

That's funny about Kira demanding the treat :) My avatar was the result of me hholding a treat over the camera. It looks how I wanted it to, but it took me forever to get it! She was so impatient, she kept pointing her nose up, putting her ears back and woo-wooing at me to give her the bone! All I wanted was a brief tail wagging, you wouldn't think it'd be so hard ;)

[quote name='Mutts4Me']I watched the last three groups (cuz I MISSED the Akita and the whole Working Group cuz my newpaper LIED to me in case no one noticed my other posts about that ;)) with my kitten, Scooter.

I wish I could remember which dog had him going. Watched the whole thing, but one dog came on and Scooter got all alert and cautious... I can't remember which. Hmm... Funny though :)

That's funny about Kira demanding the treat :) My avatar was the result of me hholding a treat over the camera. It looks how I wanted it to, but it took me forever to get it! She was so impatient, she kept pointing her nose up, putting her ears back and woo-wooing at me to give her the bone! All I wanted was a brief tail wagging, you wouldn't think it'd be so hard ;)[/quote]
Haha, I missed those posts. I must say that the newfie Josh looked really good.
Your avatar rocks. I wonder how they would act if I put a treat above the camera.
The woo-wooing is the best. I say that Kira sounds like Chewbaca (sp?) when she starts arr-oo-ing.
-Did you get to see pics of Remy?

LOL, dogs are too funny sometimes :lol:
Tomson (dachshund) watches Inspector Rex (an Austrian detective show starring Rex, a German Shepherd). All you need to do it say "where's Rex?" and he'll go and jump up on the TV. When Rex is on TV and he's whining or barking, Tomson will do the same thing... then he goes behind the TV to look for Rex. It's the funniest thing ever!!!
BK used to get excited about dogs on the TV, but he doesn't anymore; whether it's because he's figured it out or he's just matured, I'll never know. :)