Dogomania

"Lab Approved"

Guest Mutts4Me

Guest Mutts4Me

Did anyone else see this ad in TV Guide... and totally get creeped out?

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgDXAqcbY97VA3cm4FV0kzLu9yOA6HEXs**j*10acxq9WnuE8TNJbbj4PPnhcrVavUF9mwJ3p6fYq5ED0P6xB4DwuCUo5N8mXeWqPK9zdtPGqOywtPBli2HVt9p*5SYW/labapproved.jpg[/img]

I guess the issue is that the dog isn't reall, its photoshopped/cg'd/drawn with computer aid/something and it looks a little creepy, something about the eyes. I don't think its that bad in this photo, I have definately seen worse, usually when its a tv comercial with a cg'd animal moving. I think the problem is when the animal is [b]very[/b] close to the real thing but slightly off. Because the image is so close to something real it is believable but that makes the discrepencies much more disturbing, maybe some kind of unconciouse brain thing:question: :niewiem:

Guest Mutts4Me

Yeah, something like that :)

I guess it's not as obvious in my scanned, resized picture, but in the real ad, it's quite obvious that the dog is just not real... I mean, you're flipping through, you see that, think "Aww, puppy! *pause* Umm, puppy? Err..." Or at least I did, and it just creeped me out.

Who knows, though. I showed it to my mom and she thought it's the cutest thing ever...

I see your point...the dog looks a little strange. But if you look closely at the water supposedly falling on the dog, none of it is bouncing back up. If you're familiar with a Lab's coat, it is very oily at the top to keep it waterproof, and when rain falls on it it would bounce up, like it does off a windshield. I think it looks creepy because it almost looks like the water is going around or through the dog, not on it. It's not good computer animation either....his back end doesnt even look wet....

:o

OK on that note....

A lady brings her pet parrot into the vet beacuse it wont move. The vet very sadly pronounces it has passed on. She refuses to believe him, saying it cant be so, he was fine yesterday...he again tries to console her but she will not hear it. He leaves the room, and comes back with a gentle black lab, who sniffs over the bird and shakes his head. Shorlty after that, a beautiful persian cat comes in, again sniffs the poor parrot, shakes his head and leaves the room. The woman finally acepts the inevitable and goes to pay the vet bill. He hands her a bill for $220.00 Amazed she asks "why is it so much?" He responds..."well, the original consultation and
diagnosis was only $50.00.....but with the Lab Report and Cat scan...."

:fadein: