Dogomania

Pups born--need prayers

marebear

Hi all,

In a previous message I had stated that my sister Rott was going to have pups. My sister, against my best trying to talk her out of it speech, bred her Rott. Grrrrr! I am not happy about that. But, onto the matter at hand. The pups were born last night. One was born dead, one is doing great. Yep, there were only two. I live 1000 miles away...so I am just going on what I am told.

Needless to say, my sister is very upset...this was suppose to be her bread and butter money, ya know? She is dissappointed that there will be no money now, as the one pup has to go to the owner of the male she bred with. As much as I hate to see my sister sad.....I do have to say this, God works wonders!! He knew she wasn't breeding for the right reasons, and well, I feel He did what was right...he didn't let there be many pups!

Here is where I am asking for your thoughts/prayers. My sister is going to ask the guy to take her female in place of the pup. I am not sure if she will then keep the pup or sell it. And if he won't then she is going to sell her female. So, either way...the poor female loses out big time. This dog ADORES my sister. Baby (the dog) watches her every move. She knows what to do and how to behave just based on how my sister is acting/feeling. I feel so terrible for this dog....as it adores my sister and is about to be sent off to live with strangers in a couple of weeks. Baby has been with her since birth....she is about 1 1/2 yrs old now.

I just pray for Baby and for her pup.....may they both get a loving home! Baby so deserves to go to someone who will not want to give her up every other week when life isn't going the way they want it, ya know? Poor puppers!!! :cry:

That is pretty awful. :x I doubt the owner of the stud dog is going to want the female in place of the puppy.

Can you take the female? At least than you would know that it would have a good home...

Or is she only selling the female in order to make the money that she thought she would make from the puppies? Man, either way it is a terrible situation. Hopefully she has learned her lesson and won't try this again! :-? :x It is too bad that Baby is going to pay the price. Totally unfair.

Guest Anonymous

Has the mom been to the vet? 2 puppies for a large breed dog is not normal, it can happen but I would have her checked out. There is a chance there are puppies stuck in the birth canal, or other problems.

I pray that the dogs are ok, but your sister was idiotic (sorry but thats my opinion) to think that these puppies would bring her money. Breeding for money ....It riles me. You seem to be more sensible so I hope that you can talk sense into her, and on the note of the pup vs the bitch, I doubt the stud's owner will want a bitch female to have to worry about keeping away from his dog.

I hope the dogs get good homes regardless.

Guest Anonymous

I do not know why she doesn't want the female....I think she is just 'tired' of the situation........she and her twin go through dogs like they are water. :cry:

I am going to call her and mention to her about the possibility of pups still being unborn. However, I know her and she will not take her to the vet. :cry:

I live 1000 miles away, so my getting the dog is not an option at this time.

I do hope she will have learned her breeding lesson from this. She was only in it to make a buck. We are completely different, I have given her statistics and reasons as to why not to breed...but there is no talking to her.

It is so sad, the whole situation. I love my sister and feel for her, her life is not the best right now. But on the other hand, I get so mad and dissappointed in her that I could spit nails. :cry:

Thanks so much for your concern for the dogs!! :angel:

Is distance the only factor in you not taking the dog? If so, I know that many animal rescue groups do doggie relays in order to transport animals long distances. You could get in contact with a group in your sisters area. Volunteers will take the dog a few hundred miles or so and give it to another volunteer and the dog will eventually reach you! I know if it's by my way I'd gladly take her a leg of the journey. Just thought I'd let you know.

Aside from the distance factor....I don't know if I would want her Rottie. She is not the best with her dogs. For the most part she is good to them, somewhat. But, she has trained her dog to get 'excited' when a stranger comes to the door....like egging him on saying 'who is it' 'go get em', that type of thing. And she'll have someone hit her leg and tell Baby to 'get em'.......I just don't think I'd be able to trust the dog around my small children.

But, I did talk to her tonight and the good thing is she is going to take her in to the vet. The bad part is it won't be until Monday. :cry:

I am glad that she doesn't abuse her dogs, and she feeds them good dog food....she just isn't responsible in her care or upbringing. Sad situation. I really hope she learns from all this.

On the upside, she said the puppy is gorgeous and doing well. And that it will be spoiled being the only pup around her kids. I know the pup will be there for atleast 8 weeks.....

I really hope I can keep my sister 'in contact' with me, she tends to not talk to me if I 'get down on her' too much, so that I can help make sure the dogs get a good home.

Malamum, don't worry...you don't have to say it, because I already think it. :o I truly wonder if I am the milkmans daughter.....I am nothing like my family at all, NOTHING. It is very ironic....but my husband thanks me daily for not being like them, LOLOL!

You do your best to help animals, educate people, be a responsible pet owner, be a nice and caring person....but then you 'go home' and you are face to face with 'your worst nightmares' of society--when it comes to pet ownership. Ugghhh. Family! :roll:

marebear, if the bitch still has some pups in, waiting until Monday is gonna kill her, she needs to see the vet immediately. can you tell your siter that?

I feel sorry for Baby that she has such an irresponsible and heartless owner... I can't iamgine anyone selling their grown up dog--who the hell's gonna buy her anyway, with so many rotties (and all other kinds of dogs) in rescues?

Telling my sister something is one thing....but it goes in one ear and out the other. I promise you, I have told her that she should take her in NOW! But, if it is not 'in her schedule, it ain't happenin'.

I too feel so badly for Baby, she loves my sister to death....and this is what she gets in return. Hence my reason for this post....needing prayers and well wishes sent out for Baby and her baby!

Today has made me give extra hugs to my dog!!!

Guest Anonymous

what a terrible situation :(

i only hope and pray that your sister takes some of your advice on board :(
Poor Baby :cry: , i can`t understand how someone could part with a dog that they`ve had all of it`s life :evil: , especially when you think of how much Baby adores your sister :cry: Baby`s world will fall apart if your sister does sell her :cry:

What really worries me is that if the owner of the male stud dog does buy her she will probably used just to breed from again anad again and again :cry: :cry: :cry: It doesn`t bear thinking about.

I know how frustrating and impossible famlies can be :x But at least you`ve been trying to educate her, and we can only hope she has the sense and the heart to follow your good example.

Good wishes and prayers to Baby and her pup :angel: