Dogomania

is this a pitbull?

pei obssessed

I agree, it's a shame about the way some breeders want flatter and flatter faces, it does go hand in hand with difficultites like entropion/ectropion, skin fold infections, breathing difficulties, eye probs and all, but I'm a massive Boxer fan, so cant really talk! I used to know a gorgeous bulldog who lived in our local pub. She used to sit on a barstool and SUCK peperamis :lol: :lol: :iloveyou:

Edited to add: Ruby snores like a pig too! :iloveyou: :lol:

I went on a canoe trip in Algonquin (big wilderness park) with a guy who bred and mushed Alaskan Malamutes. He takes his dogs, a couple at a time, everywhere including to work sometimes. I'm sure you can imagine how tricky it would be to put two Mals in a canoe :o so that was not really a long term option. John has done this before and the dogs run along the shore, easily keeping pace with the canoe, they will also swim across small lakes (perhaps no more than 150 ft) if we need to portage out etc. The dogs loved it, most of the time they were right in sight, wet to their bellies running right at the waters edge. Sometimes they needed to cut into the underbrush to travel more easily and then they would periodically pop out to spot us and continue on. At one such time Suzy was spotting from a clear outcrop, looking very alert and regal and another passing canoeist mistook her for a [color=blue]wolf[/color]. It's so rare to see wolves and she was so excited we didn't have the heart to correct her.

I have a friend who has a siberian husky who people always think is a wolf....with BLUE eyes??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one around here has any clue what a Foxhound is either....

"Is that a spaniel?" "Is that a lab mix?" "he looks dangerous with those dark eyes..." (HE is a SHE and is timid....lol) but on the other hand, they
see Freebee and say "OH LOOK!! IT's A LAB!!! go pet it!!:

Laurel would back away and never hurt a flea, Freebee, the Lab, doesnt like strangers and doesnt like to be touched by them....

go figure

:o

:lol::lol::lol:

[color=darkred]Now this is what I used to get from people or someone walking behind us who would say the breed that they thought Charlie was.[/color]

[color=red][size=6]BOXER[/size][/color] :hmmmm: :boom:

[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image6/5/66/45/97056645tuqCFi_ph.jpg[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Unbelievable how stupid people can be...
The pei is actually on the list as one of the SEVERAL breeds mistaken for the APBT. BUT a poodle?! A long haired pit bull?!!!! What the :diablotin: is wrong with these people?

Guest Anonymous

lol ummm maybe the lady left herglasses at home??? lol that's so funny!!!
i get asked if Zoey is a Dobi all the time :roll: lol i see the difference.....
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQAAAIkWlVCK2Wn4gddeg9LvGaPhfC3usFdZ2nYHg61DhsRuMpbPGv2SjTY6MPnKm6JMbX0Lmhz2BH2LX4!CJs8AeDsBruAJyyldbB!47OZnq7tuGHR7wQ/awwzoey2.JPG[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UQDUAvMXvMkVZ*tPuxR*L8CsLJd8bhNvUhRE9vOJPC6Vm86bo27cbK8F8HTepN0ciPyBpExXvZo666xvX8k0IH!c4hWf9QruVSXbV3i7jpovo85yO2ULBADvIaQg2acu/zoey%2010-oct-03.JPG[/img]