Dogomania

so now Meg is a show dog!

imported_Kat

I just got back to Northern Ireland on Thursday from spending 3 months in the Netherlands without my dog but yesterday we had a Crufts qualifier and heres how it went!

Well yesterday we went for the Crufts Biathlon qualifier. On the back of my ticket it said that judging of Obedience would commence at 2pm so as agility is always after Obedience in the Biathlon, I went to another show this morning, and got some nice placed agility rounds.

I headed to the qualifier only to be told that agility had already been judged in the morning so naturally went oh sh**, argued a bit but the other competitors were whining that it wouldn't be fair. Anyway the organiser came over and said I could enter the Triathlon which encompasses Obedience, Agility and Show handling. Now this is me that hasn't been near a show ring in my life! Anyway after a majorly quick brush and 3 minute crash course by a girl that does show handling, we were flung into the ring. All these fancy flipping triangles and turn abouts just frazzled my head but remembered what I had seen the people do at Crufts and done the whole flaunty showy thing. For a laugh Meg won it! After that she went on to win the Agility and Obedience classes so we are qualified for Crufts Triathlon and we have to now find a handling class before we come up against all these experienced handling people next March! Oh dear Geeze I really do get us in some real messes!

Meg the show dog. There really isn't anything left in doggy sports that this dog hasn't yet done!