Dogomania

Toy Australian Shepherds?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have come across many breeder's sites now saying they have Toy Australian Shepherds. Personally, I think they are just another scam for money, they look to have been mixed with Chihuahua or Pomeranian. Their heads are domed and their bodies are not that of a true Aussie Shepherd. What do you think?
[url]http://www.angels-o-gold.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.wiseachers.com/[/url]

Those are two sites of breeders. Horrible in my opinion.

There was a site that advertised "miniture australian shepherds" and openly admitted (after someone called them on it) that they mixed them with shelties to get the size down but then went on to say that they were truley australian shepherds. :roll:
Not that they weren't cute dogs but how dumb do they think we are?

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

I have an Aussie and know Gail Mirabella. Who's seen the Purina Lamb and Rice Formual bag? The Aussie on there is Houston, Austin's son. Austin and Gail were once one of the Purina Incredible Dog Teams. She has 4 Aussies I think because she gave one away, but Pippin is a toy Aussie. He is pure Toy Aussie. Nothing mixed in. His does have the face of a chihuahua, so they may be in their background, but All Toy Aussie. Pippin looks like Panda on the site. It says he registered with the National Stock Dog, I don't think they would allow a dog mixed with Chi or Pom in them. "Toy" is a name used for something that is miniaturized . Toy Poodles come from Miniature Poodles, Toy Manchester Terriers come from Manchester Terriers etc. Toy Australian Shepherds come from Miniature Australian Shepherds??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been a big follower of Aussies as I hope to get one after I graduate. I have heard of the mini Aussies (though I have always been a much bigger fan of the standard guys) but toy Aussies- sounds like a $$$ mine to me. Those dogs have GOT to be mixed with Chihuahua- in fact, they look more like longhaired Chihuahuas than they do Australian shepherds. [/i]