Dogomania

Dogs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am thinking of getting a new dog... i have my eye on a few different types. Does any one know about the following dogs?: Doberman Pinchers, Pitt Bulls, Dogo Argentina, Rottweilers, or Great Danes. I have researched about them but i would like to talk to some people that knows something about them. Please Help if you can!!!! :D

I know alot about PIT BULLS *(one T not two sweetie) or more accuratly American PitBull Terriers, since i have one myself. i've been raised around and with Dobbies and Rottweilers. I also own a Rodesian Ridgeback X Rottweiler mix. but before i go shouting my love of these breeds i have some questions for you.
1. do you have children or plan to have them? if you do how old are they?
2. Do you plan on buying or rescueing a dog or is that still up in the air.
3. when you say "pitbull" do you mean American pitbull terrier, american staffordshire terrier, or staffordshire terrier known as "staffybull"? all of these fall into the "pitbull"catogory.

[quote name='bullygirl29532']...... I also own a Rodesian Ridgeback X Rottweiler mix. but before i go shouting my love of these breeds i have some questions for you.
1. do you have children or plan to have them? if you do how old are they?
2. Do you plan on buying or rescueing a dog or is that still up in the air.
3. when you say "pitbull" do you mean American pitbull terrier, american staffordshire terrier, or staffordshire terrier known as "staffybull"? all of these fall into the "pitbull"catogory.[/quote]

Bullygirl - I didn't know you have a RR mix, sounds like a great mix, and probably a big sweetie.

Dogolover I do not have any experience in the particular breeds you mentioned but would like to add another question.

Do you have a secure area for these breeds to exercise? if not how do
you plan on exercising them?

:angel:

Yeah Rose we rescued her from the shelter 2 weeks ago. she was picked up as a stray and had been there for 2 months. they thought she was a Hound type X pit bull but i can tell you she is Rottie no doubt about it. She is ridgeless though so that was harder to pick out i had a guess she was but last week confirmed it. When she gets pissed off all the hair stands up where a ridge should be straight back to the tail, so she does have a ridge, it just goes in the same direction. here is a link to their picture page.
she is a pretty lovebug and a great member of this family.
[url]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/youknowrs25/lst?.dir=/Silence+of+the+dogs&.view=t[/url]

[quote name='DoGoLover622']I am thinking of getting a new dog... i have my eye on a few different types. Does any one know about the following dogs?: Doberman Pinchers, Pitt Bulls, Dogo Argentina, Rottweilers, or Great Danes. I have researched about them but i would like to talk to some people that knows something about them. Please Help if you can!!!! :D[/quote]

Well, there are a few things to note:

With pits and Rotts, you will have to be VERY cautious about the breeder you get a dog from. (Of course, rescue is also an option.) You will also need to be prepared for some people to have issues about your dog. Some apartment complexes don't allow pits or Rotties, and some insurance companies will raise your homeowners insurance if you have one.

Dogos may have some of the same issues...they look like pits to some extent and could be mistaken for one.

I like Dobes very much, but they can get extremely protective. My parents had one when I was a baby, but they had to find a new home for her because she wouldn't allow anyone but them to pick me up.

Danes are wonderful dogs, but they are prone to hip problems, as I'm sure you know, and they also have extremely short lifespans.

• 4 weeks later...

my parents had a doberman when I was little and she was gorgeous, gentle and very loyal. I could see how she might have become too protective but thankfully I don't think she did. I love dobermans so that would be my suggestion out of that group.