Dogomania

Disgusting Ticks-Go Bye Bye!

In a previouse post(Tick-o-Mania! My grandfather and heat...), I said that Rowie was COVERED in ticks! Well, now, it's worse. :-? They are really big, and Proveen(the guy who works for us, he takes care of the garden and Rowie) says that she itches alot, and the ticks seems to bother her. Well now, they're ithiching him! :o I never heard that ticks can make a human itch? My mom was really worried. "What if they go into out food?!" Bla Bla Bla....and I was under MORE stress than I currently am under. So my mother told me to go and call my Auntie Anne. My Aunty Anne is great! :D She has a farm over here and 2 Dobes. She used to take care of sheep, cows, chickens, turkeys, not to mention 3 horses(one of the horses had a foal once! :D) and the odd donkey. So I knew I could ask her for advice. She told me the first thing I would need is a flea and tick collar. I told her that Rowie had one and that it didn't work.(Later I checked the packaging and found put it was ONLY a flea collar! :oops:) Then she said Rowie would need to be clipped in order for us to see the ticks more clearly. And that we might need to get some sort of Chemical to spray on her and on the garden.(Unfortunatly, my mom won't allow me ordering off the internet! :x :cry:) Then I asked her what she did for her dogs, and she said that they have a tick and flea collar on 24/7, and that she has this kind of Dip that kills the ticks, that she used on her sheep. So I asked her if we could bring Rowie over and use that and she said sure! :D

Then I called the vets to ask for a clipping, the receptionist said I would need to come over to make the appointment. Then I asked her if Tick Removal was inclouded, and she asked me if Rowie had ticks and I said yes alot! :oops: Anyways, she said that it was inclouded! :D YAY! I feel So relived!! :D So I'm NOT gonna do it at my aunts, I'm going to remove those darn ticks at the vets. I feel it's much better and safer that way! :D

Sorry to bore you all with this essay, I just feel SO relived! :D Bye bye you STUPID ticks! :D Muahaha! :evilbat:

The onyl problem is, Rowie will sometimes nip, if she gets bored or aggitated, and sometimes she will find something mishchivouse to do. But I've asked this before and was told that the vet is a trained expert(duhh :roll:) and that she might probably have a noose to tie Rowie up with. So, is it safe for Rowie to be with tottal strangers with her Nipping problem?(This is a different vet than what we normally use as that vet is WAY too expensive, and really far away.) :-?

Thanks guys, I always love to come to you guys for support! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=7][color=red][b]HELP!!!!!!!!!!![/b][/color][/size] :o

I went to check on Rowie...

They are on every single inch of her little body!

In her ears. between her toes, her tail, her head, her neck, her back, EVERYWHERE! :o

Proveen was forced to remove them(he hasn't had expierience n removing ticks :-?) They're still not gone.

I am not allowed to touch Rowie.

If I do, I am sent inside to change my clothes or have a shower.

The ticks have invaded our house.

My nanny and Proveen are afraid to sleep at night, the ticks have bitten provine a number of times.

I am really scared. :cry:

Maybe if I show my mom the ticks she'll allow me to buy off the internet.

I don't care I'm going to my aunts today, I can't wait till the vets appoinment.

Wish us Luck..

VERY SCARED Rowie-the_Pooh

Oh please help! :cry:

I'm ordering off the internet, I don't care what my mother says!

So, here's the website I'm looking at(thanks Rosebud! :angel:):

[url]http://preview.jbpet.com/Shopping/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=JBWholesale&category%5Fname=DogFleaTick&Page=1[/url]

What should I buy? I know I'm getting "Adams", and the "Preventic" sounds pretty good. Should I get Frontline? :-?

I'm crying right now, Rowie is covered in ticks, and my mom won't let me order off the internet! :cry:

Rosebud, can I trust this place? Cuz last time my mother ordered something off the internet, they stole her credit card number! :o Now she doesn't trust the internet. Did you buy from this place before? Can we trust it?

I'm so confused...my Rowie's LIFE may be in danger! :cry:

K, thank you so much for replying...

There is no danger here in Bahrain of Lyme Disease, but I'm still taking those ticks off! :x

We're heading off to my aunts now, she has a Tick Dip that removes all the ticks she has(kills them), and on the way we will buy a PROPER tick collar.. :-?

I'm worried sick, but we will soon be at my aunties house.. then on Saturday(I think) Rowie will be clipped...

Thanks K for replying, mom is sleeping now, but as soon as she wakes up we're off to Aunties House.. :cry:

Rowie, sorry, I can' help with the website, but just wanted to say that if your vet's appointment is not far away, it's a good idea to wait, as the vet could do both the clipping and the removal... And if you go to the vet's, ask them to stay with rowie while they're grooming him so that you can hold his head (that would take care of the nipping).

Ticks and humans... my grandma has a farm in Romania (there aren't THAT many ticks there, but still), and I've spent many holidays there... what I remember is that once a tick is attached to something, it won't come off to go to you, so you should stop worrying you'll get ticks from Rowie, you're more likely to get them from outside, from wherever he got them! And if you get one, you won't DIE either! The only problem I'm aware of is that they suck your blood and if you're covered in them, you can become anemic...

Now I'm thinking that the best thing after you have Rowie's ticks removed, would be to have him stay at somebody's house until he can be allowed in your house again--can he stay at your aunt? What about some other relative, or some friend of yours? You can go visit and take him for walks every day, but he'd live in a house...

[quote name='pei obssessed']Rowie, sorry, I can' help with the website, but just wanted to say that if your vet's appointment is not far away, it's a good idea to wait, as the vet could do both the clipping and the removal... And if you go to the vet's, ask them to stay with rowie while they're grooming him so that you can hold his head (that would take care of the nipping).

Ticks and humans... my grandma has a farm in Romania (there aren't THAT many ticks there, but still), and I've spent many holidays there... what I remember is that once a tick is attached to something, it won't come off to go to you, so you should stop worrying you'll get ticks from Rowie, you're more likely to get them from outside, from wherever he got them! And if you get one, you won't DIE either! The only problem I'm aware of is that they suck your blood and if you're covered in them, you can become anemic...

Now I'm thinking that the best thing after you have Rowie's ticks removed, would be to have him stay at somebody's house until he can be allowed in your house again--can he stay at your aunt? What about some other relative, or some friend of yours? You can go visit and take him for walks every day, but he'd live in a house...[/quote]

Pei, I think part of the problem is that Rowie is currently a temporary out side dog... :cry: My grandfather who is really really sick is living with us for a month(Only 2 weeks left!). During that period Rowie has been an outisde dog...

Should I wait? Because now it's 03:53, and at 04:30 we're going to the office to comfirm the grooming. But I'm not sure WHEN the actual grooming is to take place... :cry:

I'm worried sick...thanx Pei..

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']
Pei, I think part of the problem is that Rowie is currently a temporary out side dog... :cry: My grandfather who is really really sick is living with us for a month(Only 2 weeks left!). During that period Rowie has been an outisde dog...
[/quote]
I know, Rowie, that's what I meant by asking if he could stay at somebody else's place until that problem gets solved. You know, people go on holidays, and they leave their dogs with friends, or relatives... and as I said, you could even go walk Rowie... Just a thought.

I think I'd go confirm the appointment--tell them it's an emergency and insist they make it for today or tomorrow. And be bold about the emrgency! If the appointment is too late, go to your aunt's then.
Poor Rowie... :(
But he'll be ok, don't worry too much :wink:

[quote name='K']Dont forget you still need to treat the garden and a spray to go with the collar can't hurt..how does the dip kill them then?[/quote]

I'm going to the pet shop to get all the stuff I need...I'm not sure how it works, but Auntie said she used to use it on her sheep. :o She uses it on her dogs though, and they don't have a single tick! :o

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Should I keep Rowie at the vets until my grandfather leaves? :-? She has a WONDERFUL boarding kennel along with other doggies... She's staying there in the summer too..[/quote]
That's not abd idea... Personally, I'd go with a friend's house, but if that's not possible... Would you be able to visit him and take him for walks every day?

[quote name='"pei obssessed"'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']
[quote/]
I know, Rowie, that's what I meant by asking if he could stay at somebody else's place until that problem gets solved. You know, people go on holidays, and they leave their dogs with friends, or relatives... and as I said, you could even go walk Rowie... Just a thought.

I think I'd go confirm the appointment--tell them it's an emergency and insist they make it for today or tomorrow. And be bold about the emrgency! If the appointment is too late, go to your aunt's then.
Poor Rowie... :(
But he'll be ok, don't worry too much :wink:[/quote]

Ok, when I go to comfirm the appoinment I'm going to tell them it's an emergancy. If they can't do it today or tomorrow I'm off to my Aunts... :-?

Thank you both so much! Where will I be without you? :D

[quote name='pei obssessed'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Should I keep Rowie at the vets until my grandfather leaves? :-? She has a WONDERFUL boarding kennel along with other doggies... She's staying there in the summer too..[/quote]
That's not abd idea... Personally, I'd go with a friend's house, but if that's not possible... Would you be able to visit him and take him for walks every day?[/quote]

I don't have many "Dog Loving" friends... :-? At the boarding kennel, I think I'd be able to visit, but I think she'll be having such a fun time she won't remember me! :)

I could taker her to my aunts...but the problem is she has 2 Dobes..and thier not very friendly.. :-?

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']At the boarding kennel, I think I'd be able to visit, but I think she'll be having such a fun time she won't remember me! :)[/quote]
Why don't you go with the kennel then? It sounds like agood idea to me, and if she (sorry, all the while I thought Rowie was a he :roll: ) won't hate it... it sounds perfect.

[quote name='pei obssessed'][quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']At the boarding kennel, I think I'd be able to visit, but I think she'll be having such a fun time she won't remember me! :)[/quote]
Why don't you go with the kennel then? It sounds like agood idea to me, and if she (sorry, all the while I thought Rowie was a he :roll: ) won't hate it... it sounds perfect.[/quote]

LOL! It's OK Pei, her name sounds alot like a boy! :roll: Well then, the Boarding Kennel it is... :D I'll miss her!

:D

Rowie,

Me and my friend order from their at least once a month. Sometimes the orders come really fast, sometimes it's a couple of weeks. They are a reputable company. Have your mom check out the company info, guarantees and security policy. If she still has a problem email a request for a catalog and mail the order in with a check.

I would definately in your situation spray the whole yard, front and back and along the base of the house and if possible spray the underside of the trees.

I know you and your Aunt will get Rowie back into shape and maybe your mom will let you bring Rowie back inside to keep her away from the ticks.

:angel:

Thank you so much RoseBud! :D

Unfourtunaly, I can't order, something with the budget! we need to wait till next month! :x we don't have enough money... :cry:

I just came back from the vets, the apoinment is Sunday at 8'oclock SHARP!! More details later, I ned to go now... :wink: :D

That's a little like what happened to me...me, my sister, and my mom got these weird bumps all over our legs and arms..at first we thought it was chiggers, but then when we went to the doctor he said we were allergic to something Duck brought in the house... :-? Then I read in a book that a lot of stuff dogs get can be in humans, and our bumps looked like a picture with a person infected with ringworm.. :o So then my mom was like, we have to move Duck out of the house for a while and see what happens..she almost had to go to a boarding place..everything's ok now...and she dodn't have to go. :P

[quote name='eggrolyn1223']That's a little like what happened to me...me, my sister, and my mom got these weird bumps all over our legs and arms..at first we thought it was chiggers, but then when we went to the doctor he said we were allergic to something Duck brought in the house... :-? Then I read in a book that a lot of stuff dogs get can be in humans, and our bumps looked like a picture with a person infected with ringworm.. :o So then my mom was like, we have to move Duck out of the house for a while and see what happens..she almost had to go to a boarding place..everything's ok now...and she dodn't have to go. :P[/quote]

Glad to hear everything went well Egg! :D Hopefully everything will go well on Sunday too! :D

I hate ticks and fleas soooooo much :evil: We have fleas here very bad. The ticks are very bad more out in the country. But the fleas, My dog goes outside for a second to go potty and when she comes back in, i have to be waiting by the door to flip here over and spray her belly. She would be covered all over her belly. I to use frontline plus and a flea and tick collar. But sometimes those things just don't work. I feel for you and your dog and i hope you will be able to get rid of those awful ticks. :evil: :wink:

[img]http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/9/92/3/74699203BJBfeD_th.jpg[/img]

Once you get the ticks under control - look into Frontline - ticks carry other diseases besides Lyme, and you may need to have your garden fumigated to get rid of them. Once they are in place, they are hard to get rid of, but a professional "bug zapper" (like here in the states, we have
Orkin) should get rid of them for you.

Good luck! Poor Rowie, ticks are just HORRIBLE

:cry:

[quote name='courtnek']Once you get the ticks under control - look into Frontline - ticks carry other diseases besides Lyme, and you may need to have your garden fumigated to get rid of them. Once they are in place, they are hard to get rid of, but a professional "bug zapper" (like here in the states, we have
Orkin) should get rid of them for you.

Good luck! Poor Rowie, ticks are just HORRIBLE

:cry:[/quote]

Thank you Courtnek! I've been begging my mom to let me order from the internet! I can only get these brands through the internet, I've even checked my vets! They said the didn't have ANYTHING that I can use against ticks. :-? Should I get my mom to read this thread? Maybe it will change her mind? I hope so! I REALLY want Frontline or Preventic!

I'll also get the bug zapper, the problem is we have SO many insects in our garden! :o Our garden is like a jungle! :roll: Hopefully, we can get these darn ticks under control! :x

Thank you all soooo much for your help! :D WHERE OH WHERE would I be without you? mwauuah! :D