Dogomania

kangaroo jacks dingoes

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I went to see that new movie 'kangaroo jack'at the cinema's last week (my sister made me!!!!!),it was a pretty bad movie,but anyway,theres a scene where the stars are supposed to be getting sized up by dingoes. They yell 'ahhh dingoes!!) looking scared,then the camera shows 5 red cattle dogs!!! :o what?

It's that sort of movie that creates cultural cringe for we Aussies! :)

A possible explanation for the heelers instead of dingoes is that you wouldn't be able to get real dingoes to do it, not because they're not smart, but because they're wild animals. Or is the movie trying to be funny and the people yelling don't understand that dingoes and heelers are different?? :roll: silly people if they are! :)

I didn't actually see the movie , but I did see the previews. My kids thought it looked funny. I won't pay $$$ to see a so-so movie , I just wait till it comes on a movie channel on T.V. :wink:
I don't think they used real dingo's, because of course they're wild, so they had to make a substitute. They probably don't think the majority that go to see this movie would know a dingo from a flamingo !! :lol: , so therefore used what they thought looked the closest to them..... :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Where i live which is in the bush,not really the outback but I live in property,our neighbours actually own dingoes as pets.There very trainable and perform lots of tricks.Maybe thats why i thought it was so outrageous,because i have first hand experience with dingoes :)

There is a dingo "farm" here in aust, more a sanctuary really: [url]http://www.wwwins.net.au/dingofarm/13.html[/url]

Actually I think I should check it out sometime, it's not that far out of town. I am going to go when there are puppies!!!! Knowing me I would want to take them all home with me :roll:

From what I have heard dingoes are very intelligent creatures and they would probably train up very well. Some states you need permits to own them, some states you don't.

Thanks for the link bk shame I'm on the other side of the world it looks like a wonderful place!
I have an Uncle just outside Brisbane without getting my map out I have no idea where the 2 places are in comparison.
He is always nagging us to come over so maybe if we ever do we'll have to pay this place a visit !!
He tells me internal flights are quite reasonable anyway !!

[quote name='ellieangel']
He tells me internal flights are quite reasonable anyway !![/quote]

Ellie, sometime in June I think Virgin are doing a $49 flights special- it's only for four days though and involves several major cities. That's like about 25-30 euros or maybe about 15 pounds!!! :o To fly from Hobart to Melbourne for example... very VERY cheap!!!