Dogomania

blue heeler webcam :)

bk_blue

The first time I checked her web cam she was standing horizontal to it, so all I could see was her BIG hairy left side. But just now she is laying down like the sphinx with her tail to the camera so I could see her spine. I'm going to keep trying until I can see her FACE! :lol:

Lots may ohhhhh and ahhhhhh at the new puppies, but for me --- I have a HUGH problem with a breeder that KNOWINGLY continues to breed genetic defects!

The sire of the litter is: CH Duwest I'm a Cowboy at Austlyn HSAa ---- he is also offered to approved bitches for stud. He is TYPE B/Carrier for PRCD (eye disease). They are knowingly and continuely breeding for this defect.

The dam of the litter is Type A/Clear with an OFA rating of Fair (I feel fair isn't good enough for breeding stock). Her sire was a Carrier, her dam is clear. A litter mate to her is a Carrier. I see nothing wrong with breeding her to another TYPE A.

This breeder has produced TYPE C/Affected offspring. She also has many offspring that were produced by known TYPE C/Affected dogs.

Tell me where the logic is? She is continuing to breed genetic defects....knowingly, willingly and without malice...producing genetic defects at the expense of the dogs.

Why? I bet the excuse is that her dogs are *Champions.

I do not buy the crappy excuse for breeding TYPE B or TYPE C's because the gene pool is so limited.....according to the ACD website there are 48,355 listings. Some may be duplicates, some may be deceased, some may be not even listed. There is a "so what" attitude among ACD breeders concerning the breeding of dogs with this defect. They all seem to be more concerned with "but he's a Champion" then about the long term effects this breeding practice will cause.

Take a look at some of the Silver Hills dogs --- the majority of those dogs are TYPE C/Affected --- AND tightly inbred. Hum.....there's that evil word..."INBRED".

[url]www.cattledog.com/health/prcd.html[/url]

You are perfectly right to point this out, Hobbit. Breeding knowing that your dogs carry defects is [color=blue]wrong[/color] in my opinion also. You also know that I did not post this link because I believe in their breeding programme, like you did not post that Labradoodle/genetics link because you thought their breeding ethics were faultless. But why did you take offence to Roo criticising the website your genetics info came from in that thread (not you nor the information offered), and now are doing the same thing you berated Roo for here? I'm puzzled.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bk_blue']You are perfectly right to point this out, Hobbit. Breeding knowing that your dogs carry defects is [color=blue]wrong[/color] in my opinion also. [b]This is where you should have stopped but you lack control. :lol: [/b] You also know that I did not post this link because I believe in their breeding programme, like you did not post that Labradoodle/genetics link because you thought their breeding ethics were faultless. [b]Who would know anything about the post Hobbit made as it is gone. Funny thing that is.. :lol: [/b]
But why did you take offence to Roo criticising the website your genetics info came from in that thread (not you nor the information offered), and now are doing the same thing you berated Roo for here?[b]Hmmm because it said GENETICS not breeding site[/b] I'm puzzled. [b]Naturally when you look at pups you look at the parents. Their health, their temperment, their structure, and their clearances. You do this ESPECIALLY when you spend hours, weeks, months, and years of your life dedicated to this breed and bettering it. Hobbit is berating a breeder and trying to open eyes as to what goes on and what to look for. When you post a link to genetics you are looking for *specific* information not information on who is breeding what to whom or when :roll: [/quote]

By the way this is Jacsmom so you do not have to look up IPs :wink: [/b]