Dogomania

Newfiemom! - Really Cute Pic!

Luka-pop

aawwwwwww! That's so sweet -I hope she doesnt try to walk him!! He looks a little big for her to handle....

I have a friend who was at one time a client where I work. He bred Newfies, and he sent me a Christmas card one year with him his wife, their daughter and the two Newfies. Seeing the people with the dogs gives you a real good perspective on how BIG they are!!

If I remember correctly they were named Sassy and Griz.....

They are so HUGE, yet they looked SO gentle in the picture.....

I LOVE the Mas commercial!! Especially the end when he's dragging the guy around!

I crack up everytime I see it. It takes a LOT of good, strong, teeth to DRAG a sailboat through water with people hanging on to it!!
The strength of that dog is incredible....

and he jumps from a helicopter, no less!!

Guest Anonymous

I want a newf, I want a newf, I want a newf.

I was home sick this past week for three days and watched Animal Planet the whole time. Breed All About It had newfs on one day. I'd seen it before but couldn't resist seeing it again! Those puppies are HUGE!!! But so adorable.....

I want a newf, I want a newf, I want a newf.

All the Lassies were boys. According to an article I read the males were
better in a camera situation, they are calmer and less likely to "spook" then the female collies. For some reason the females they tried couldnt
take the camera's and lights. SHY? LOL

I was devastated - all that time I thought Lassie was a female...

:D

OK, I'm dating myself, but I remember all those old shows. I watched them all the time - Lassie was THE dog to have in my opinion....

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='newfiemom']If you want to have the newf experience Gigi, I could send you one of mine...drool and all!!! :lol:[/quote]

I'll take 'em! ALL FOUR! But you gotta take mine in return or Kika will try to take them all on! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Stealing your laundry. That's a riot!

I can't talk though....you should see the things I find in my back yard...duct tape, a measuring cup, tupperware glasses, mutilated Barbies, plastic pop bottles, DVDs, CDs, but no laundry YET..... :roll:

[quote name='bk_blue']*mutters* at least your dogs didn't start chewing up your house! :-?[/quote]

I had a malamute/bordie collie Mix (Jarvis) that chewed up my kitchen...

I lived in a town house at the time, and when he was a puppie we confined him to the kitchen (tile floor) during housebreaking....

He decided he wanted out one day, couldnt get past the gate, so chewed up the side of the cabinet on the floor...(he had chew toys in there)

chewed up enough of it that he could squeeze by the gate and get out.....

Courtnek writes:
[quote]I lived in a town house at the time, and when he was a puppie we confined him to the kitchen (tile floor) during housebreaking....

He decided he wanted out one day, couldnt get past the gate, so chewed up the side of the cabinet on the floor...(he had chew toys in there)

chewed up enough of it that he could squeeze by the gate and get out.....[/quote]

Oooh! I bet that was fun to come home to. :roll:

We once had a very large yellow dog named Yogi who chewed up 4 kitchen chairs and all the woodwork at the base of two doorways. He was adopted from our local shelter and this was his only bad habit. He would look right at you, turn his head sideways to clamp onto the wood, roll his eyes and start chewing!
:o

Guest Anonymous

What a big beauty! I saw that add before, I had it on my wall for a while, although that was the wall Hazel ripped everything off of :roll:

We had a Newf when I was REAL little.
My mom told me about how she went shopping, came back, was fiddling with the keys to the door so she put me (in my car seat thing) on the step. Once she got the door open Belle (the newf) came FLYING out of the house, and knocked me over! :o Luckly the seat had a curve around the head sorta thing, so I wasn't "damaged" :lol: