Dogomania

Yet Another online puppymill/Auction

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

:cry: I got this from another board but I thought you guys would want to know [url]http://dogdeal.com/site/browse.cfm?CFID=257517&CFTOKEN=11792920[/url]
Pay special attention to the cavalier that is for sale you can see that it has been kept in feces and urine it also looks lik it could use a nail clipping. Also one of the Itslian greyhounds that was sold had patches of hair missing like it had some sort of skin infection.
The aussie puppy that was sold at the bottom of that page is also a double merle. Check it out please they need to be stopped they really do look like a puppy mill.

They're practically choking that boston! :o It's tounge is sticking way out! :o :x
Does this Italian GH even have a ear? Or is it just flipped up?

[img]http://dogdeal.com/images/dog_images/dc872bb73860926e4311133de6c24776.jpg[/img]
[quote]Great-Grand Sire Top Italian in the world[/quote]
Well they sure messed it up! :o :(

NO WAY! READ THIS! :x :o :-?

[quote]Welcome to DogDeal.com!
This website is inteded for breeders, it is a breeder to breeder purchasing website.

[color=red]** If you are not a breeder and an individual looking for a pet, please check [url]www.petfinder.org[/url], and adopt a homeless pet. [/color]

We have just started our first bidding session. We are still adding information and updating items on each dog, so please bare with us.

We are adding, pedigree's, OFA/CERF information (if puppy we will have OFA/CERF information for the parents). We will have this information by the 1/30/2003.

The first dogs bidding session will be ending 9:30 MST Feb 1st, 2003, so you will have some time to view the dogs at your leisure.

Go ahead and Register for free now and begin to find the right dog for you! [/quote]

I tried to find the ** but couldn't. :-?

I will also say that the USA breeder's board does welcome small breeders as well, as long as you don't disrespect other people. There are many, one breed people who post there on a regular basis.
I may not agree with some of the breeders there...but they all have knowledge that they are willing to share, if asked.
I like the USA breeders board for one main reason...if I go there..and I ask a question...I will not be flamed or interogated about my breeding program...I will get honest replies that are meant to help.

Guest Anonymous

I believe there are a few other auction sites. One is classified and auction. This one appears to be out of Missouri. Is it Hunte Corp?
Who bought the other one?

Hopefully, any one with any taste would not buy them. If they are poor examples of the breed...and some don't look all that flattering to me...I would hope they would steer clear. However I will say that the tags are probably required by USDA rules and the "dark stains" etc...are probably due to the crappy photography and poor camera clarity....I have had dogs look wet or discolored when I take picts with my digital...thats why I HATE taking puppy pics with my digital. The dogs are probably not show stack trained and its hard to get them to show stack if you haven't worked with them...they look all discomboberated. ;) trying to pull this way and that. And yes, some are probably a bit shocked having a flash zap them in the eyes.... As a breeder I would never sell or buy this way...i just could not do it....however I think that these auctions do give rescue a chance to get dogs they would other wise have to travel to auctions out of state, to aquire...and rescue. I would rather see them sold this way though, then in a crowded barn around a bunch of strange dogs, where they might pick something up...

Guest Anonymous

Poofy. If the pictures made them look dirty and they were not really dirty then why would they post them?Why not take better pictures? Also I guess the Camera added the long nails and skin and coat problems and missing teeth that some of them have. Maybe the camera also made the Aussie look like it was a double Merle(merle to merle breeding) even though it wasn't. I don't think so if they were not really dirty like that they would have just posted different pictures. They look like they did have a bath and they were so stained it would not come out of the coat.

Guest Anonymous

I would much rather see dogs advertised on the computer than actually auctioned at a sale. The animals are petrified when they are on the auction block. Heart breaking. Pups will shy away when they are not used to being stacked. These pups probably haven't been handled much, either. It comes down to "which is the worse of the two evils".
The spaniel pups were dirty. The camera probably accentuates it, but they were dirty/stained. There is no excuse for being lazy and not cleaning them up.
I wouldn't post a picture of a car for sale that was dirty. Same goes for dogs. This will be an opportunity for rescue groups that buy dogs. I did notice the reserves on them. Some of the dogs looked clean. The Mastiff pups looked fine to me.
I don't think there is a law in the US against auctions.
Hunte corporation has become the largest Commercial breeder in the U.S.
Commercial breeders and Puppy mills are two different things. Commercial breeders take great offense when grouped with millers. There is a big difference in the two.

Guest Anonymous

The Mastiff puppies do look fine and the Dad looks great. But check out the Mother she looks pretty worn down like she has been bred back to back a lot.

Guest Anonymous

I understand what you are saying. The difference is that the miller keeps the dogs in squalid conditions. They don't use any of their profits to better the life of the animal. They use them up and throw them away.
The commercial breeder works to keep their kennels and dogs clean, vaccinated, and well fed. Investing their profit back into the dogs to improve breeding stock. Many will place a dog in a pet home while it is still young enough to have a family life.
I have been to both. When you see them there is a huge difference.

Hey no. I never said that it added long nails...etc..etc... I simply said a crappy picture can make a dog look worse then what it is. Why would they use the photo? perhaps its the best they could do...who knows...Mos the pictures I looked at are so dark you can't even see crap...i didn't see any skin problems...but then again I didn't look *that* hard...

Guest Anonymous

[color=darkred][/color]I felt so sorry for those"breeders" that I wanted to buy all of them, so they could forever retire from breeding.

If you looked inside the people's chest that are displaying those dogs for sale, you would not find a heart. :( Anyone w/compassion for animals would not breed dogs for the sake of money. Spell the word dog backwards & I think you have the answer that you need.

I go to a "petstore" called Petland & I only go there to make sure that I don't see the same ones week after week. They sell for $700.00 & up.
I asked them today to see the American Bulldog puppy that has been there for a month. She was on sale today they said only $659.00 down from $1200.00 "Wow"
She lives in a box every day & is there all day every day. She was very bitey & chewed on everything, but she's a baby w/o normal stimulation & chew toys. A beautiful girl, that the young kids that work there have taught her that its fun to bite & play aggressively. A powerful dog that if she is lucky enough to be bought by a responsible owner, might someday abandon her, because she has been taught to "play" rough by kids that don't know any better. At the same "petstore" I have seen a tiny Chihuahua puppy straining so hard for a BM that it was howling. Did anyone notice or care besides me? I doubt it. These & many more babies just like them from puppy mills are in "petstore" windows waiting for the almight dollar, while there are thousands & thousands of dogs,puppies, cats, kittens waiting for a home. :(