Dogomania

Speaking of inbreeding...

gooeydog

Look at this poor dog...
[url]http://www.geocities.com/wiseguyskennel/studs.html[/url]
Someone on another board emailed him about the dog, and the owner said it's a birth defect because he's "linebred", and that he's going to
[i]breed[/i] the dog because he's got a lot of champions in his pedigree. He also paid $1200 for the dog :o and thinks that the dog "is everything you could want out of a game american pit bull terrier".
Here's the link to the board I got it from, if anyone wants to see what else he had to say...
[url]http://pub89.ezboard.com/fdogcommunityfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=2189.topic&start=1&stop=20[/url]

Guest Anonymous

This appears to be a dog suffering from a vitamin B deficiency. I have seen this before and the dog had to take vitamin B regularly and the legs straightened up. I would not use this dog for breeding. WD

[quote name='Watchdog']This appears to be a dog suffering from a vitamin B deficiency. I have seen this before and the dog had to take vitamin B regularly and the legs straightened up. I would not use this dog for breeding. WD[/quote]

I am with you WD.I would not use this dog.My dogs have to be champions in
my eyes.I am very critical.I love for people to see my dogs.They could possibly see a fault I overlooked.I think it is called kennel blind for terminology.

Guest Anonymous

[quote]I am with you WD.I would not use this dog.My dogs have to be champions in my eyes.I am very critical.I love for people to see my dogs.They could possibly see a fault I overlooked.I think it is called kennel blind for terminology.[/quote]

But...you use dogs for breeding from:

[url]http://members.tripod.com/dreamerjow[/url]

Same thing in most people's eyes.

Inbreeding nothing, more like just BAD breeding. Broken down pasterns are a comformational fault that can be found in the most out crossed pedigrees. Also, chrondrodysplasia can result in those type of atributes.
Inbred or out crossed, what you breed is what you get.

Guest Anonymous

Inbreeding? No just a simple birth defect. This dog should have been sold to a pet home and neutered. Only those of low intelligence levels would think this is breeding stock. Geez/

Guest Anonymous

TLC, interesting comments since you do not show your dogs, think AKC is bad, and buy your breeding stock from bybs. Folks, this is not a flame, but facts.

Sandyb --- PLEASE ---- you have well educated us in the breeding program of TLC. I think that we are all intelligent enough to make up our minds about this person.

Trust me, I will NOT be buying any Chihuahua's from him or anyone else. BECAUSE we do NOT use Chihuahua's on the ranch.

Thank you for your input.....now please [b][color=red][size=6]STOP[/size][/color][/b]! :evilbat:

Playing the devils advocate --
There are various factors that could have caused this condition.

Nutritional imbalance of the bitch while carrying the litter.

Nutritional imbalance after the pup was whelped and was eating.

Exposure of the bitch to a terratogen or mutagen during pregnancy, or exposure to the pup after whelping.

A genetic defect.

Personally, I don't care how "game" he is --- his conformation would not stand up to any hard work, hard play --- no matter what he says.

Is it inherited? Could be.
Could it be passed to future offspring? Could be

Will this catch up with him? MOST DEFINATELY

Does he care? NO --- he's still using him for breeding.

Does he know anything about genetics? NO, that's a given.

Does my preaching about having a good-eye for a dog and the understanding of basic genetics may any sense to anybody NOW????

Having a good-eye isn't always enough.

AND THE CHOIR SINGS~~~~~~

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='roo']Well, Welcome to the board Bribob.
you are more than welcome as a member here.
But. No flaming of other members.
Your comments have been noted OK.[/quote]

Thank you roo. Please, I am not flaming, but I am stating opinions and have plenty of fact to back up what I say, both in writing and from reading plenty. It would scare most, especially if they are not informed of those that lead the puppy farming industry in the US, and I might add that I am not a US citizen. I just do my homework and am concerned about the plight of the animals produced from the not so ethical breeders. Your Board is very interesting. I have read through some of the other forums and links. I believe you have some very well meaning people here with lots of experience and knowledge about breeding and other animal issues. That is a good thing.

Guest Anonymous

[quote] Secondly Bribob welcome in...hope you have a great time here with us but lets not turn every post into a "get another member" post huh? :wink:[/quote]

Sure.

[quote name='Mei-Mei']to Sandyb--

No more personal attacks. Please. We are asking you politely here. We know what you think of TLC and I'm sure we've all formed opinions based on personal knowledge. When you hammer the point in over and over again I feel as though you assume we're stupid and [i]I am far from stupid.[/i] So please give it a rest.

Let's all play nice now. :P[/quote]

The pups I got from dreamerjo came from some from :
[url]http://spicelynn.tripod.com/index-1.html[/url]
As I said.I have some very nice dogs.Lynn seems to be a very nice person.
She has emailed me and asked how I got her lines.I did not lie.I told her where I got them.I think they were outcrossed 2 generations but as long as they are outcrossed to good dogs there is nothing wrong with it.

Guest Anonymous

FLAMING? Sorry, that wasn't even close to flaming. Sorry, if he LIES I will call him on it. I was simply calmly stating facts, NOT flaming. he talked about how his dogs are breed standard and champions. Fact is they are not. I will NOT sit idlly by and let him lie. Sorry. It was NOT a flame in my opinion.

[quote name='sandyb']FLAMING? Sorry, that wasn't even close to flaming. Sorry, if he LIES I will call him on it. I was simply calmly stating facts, NOT flaming. he talked about how his dogs are breed standard and champions. Fact is they are not. I will NOT sit idlly by and let him lie. Sorry. It was NOT a flame in my opinion.[/quote]

I do not usually reply to sandyb but she has NEVER saw my dogs.
I said CH bloodlines as in 2 generations removed from the CH.
So how was that a LIE?The standard is pretty easy to read unlike color genetics which I am beginning to grasp.

i have been tryin to keep to my self but i can't hold my tongue anylonger. it seems to me too many people out the confuse rat sh*t for rice crispies..meaning jus cause your dog came from a CH doesn't mean YOUR dog is a CH. but that's your choice breed more lambs for the slaughter. Keep on destroying all the hard work ethical breeders have been doing for years by willynilly breeding practises. at this rate no breed will ever reach it's full potental, dog as well as human. as for the "flaming" going on here w/ sandyb or bribob and tlc. they are calling a spade a spade and i respect that. but the village idiot rarely knows he's the dumb one and everyone else feels like they've been assaulted. so sandyb you've said your peace, i've enjoyed it and i hope you stick around here to give some more insightfull info concerning your history.

Guest Anonymous

Thank you bullie,
Yes. calling a spade a spade is NOT flaming in my opinion. This person comes here and misrepresents himself and says he has show quality dogs? Sorry he hasn't proven it. And I sell lots of pet quality dogs that both parents are champions. Having champion lines does not necessarily equate with quality.

Alright.... I think the REAL idea is being lost here. SandyB, bully, who ever else who has elected themselves sheriff.... The point is, the person you dislike, whoever it may be, has as much right to be here as you do. You, jumping on them, harping at every turn, etc..etc... is an attempt to run that person off and claim ground...I don't give a rats butt as to why, who, how many, it all boils down to, "You don't belong here".
Get the stick out of your butt and quit acting like an over sexed pomeranian bent on humping every wolly toy in the house to prove a point!!! The tactic was old thirty seconds after you first did it...and its only getting more rancid. If you want to act that way, then start up your own board and leave this one, and others, alone...for pete sakes!!!!

Gone to take some asprin.

poofy you can leave my name off the above post. i'm not the sheriff here in this dog patch and neither are you. i leave that for the real BIG DOGS on this board ROO, JACSMOM, AND K to handle. i have an opionion too. idon't have anything against anyone and am not personally against anyone aswell. i was informing sandyb that i appreciated what she had to say but if she didn't conform to the rules she would be gone which i don't like seeing anyone go. and i have nothing against people who want to learn if that's really what they are here for but i do not like to see good people get taken advantage of by unsavory characters. this is not dircted at anyone but if the shoe fits wear it.

[quote name='Poofy']Inbreeding nothing, more like just BAD breeding[/quote]
I just thought his excuse was amusing, never actually believed it. There are thousands of tightly linebred pit bulls out there, and I've never seen one that looked like that before, so it's obvious that that wasn't the sole reason for the dog's problem. I also was a little disturbed that the owner thought that just because the dog "went after anything he put in front of it, it was "game"... aggression has nothing to do with gameness, and the owner looks amazingly foolish by making claims like that.

Guest Anonymous

Poofy,
NO one has 'elected themselves Sherriff' as you so impolitely put it. Now you are accusing me of flaming. Who's flaming who? Geez. I firmly believe my posts of the past day have not been flaming. Just simply stating it as it is. Flaming in my opinion is name calling. I have done no namecalling recently. Yes I got off on the wrong foot. so I guess we just have different opinions on how to deal with bybs. yours is to just let them go on their merry way producing unhealthy dogs. Mine is to not sit idily by while someone lies. His dogs do not have conformation titles. So I was flaming by pointing that out? In my opinion you are the one trying to look down on me with a superior attitude. That you are better than me because you just let bybs pump out poor quality pups and do nothing about it. You are a better person because of it. Let's just drop the attitude and stop bitching and moaning about me. You are the one that is starying off topic, not me. I'm just responding to your ridiculous accusations. Please just drop the interrogation.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='bullygirl29532']i have been tryin to keep to my self but i can't hold my tongue anylonger. it seems to me too many people out the confuse rat sh*t for rice crispies..meaning jus cause your dog came from a CH doesn't mean YOUR dog is a CH. but that's your choice breed more lambs for the slaughter. Keep on destroying all the hard work ethical breeders have been doing for years by willynilly breeding practises. at this rate no breed will ever reach it's full potental, dog as well as human. as for the "flaming" going on here w/ sandyb or bribob and tlc. they are calling a spade a spade and i respect that. but the village idiot rarely knows he's the dumb one and everyone else feels like they've been assaulted. so sandyb you've said your peace, i've enjoyed it and i hope you stick around here to give some more insightfull info concerning your history.[/quote]

A spade is a spade. It is not a fancy shovel.

As for the Acme board or whatever you call it, I have never been a Member there nor have I ever posted on a Board by that name.

Just from reading posts here though, it seems that you must agree with the "elite" few older Members, or not be too welcome. Why is that? I see lots of bickering and arguing happening with not only the three mentioned in the above post, but with quite a few Members. Can't any of you get along?

i'm gonna post this as it's own topic one day but today is not it.
gameness n. The quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely: braveness, bravery, courage, courageousness, dauntlessness, doughtiness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, heart, intrepidity, intrepidness, pluckiness, spirit, stoutheartedness, undauntedness, valiance, valiancy, valiantness, valor. Roget

[quote name='bullygirl29532']i'm gonna post this as it's own topic one day but today is not it.
gameness n. The quality of mind enabling one to face danger or hardship resolutely: braveness, bravery, courage, courageousness, dauntlessness, doughtiness, fearlessness, fortitude, gallantry, heart, intrepidity, intrepidness, pluckiness, spirit, stoutheartedness, undauntedness, valiance, valiancy, valiantness, valor. Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition. 1995
i agree w/ goo "going for it" is not game. oh your dogs not scared of a tire good for you!!!! big deal. oh yeah it's so great he goes for a stick boy is he game...i feel sick.[/quote]

bullygirl --- I want to clarify my post. I was using "gameness" as sarcasm because the owner used it obviously not understanding what the word actually means.