Dogomania

My "Wiem."

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay I will post pics later. :cry:
The other day I learned about a starving "group" of dogs. Relatives of my hubby told us about them and asked us to call the shelter. So hubby went to look and I called.
Hubby came home and needless to say he thinks the man should be shot or tied up and starved. The man doesn't live there and comes to feed them when he remembers, which is like once every 2 weeks if he remembers then. The neighbors try to feed them scraps but they blow all their money on beer and...ok I am getting mad(breath)...
Anyway the animal control goes and someone has to sign for the dogs to go(what) This Weim has massive open wounds, protruding ribs, spine, hips, and etc. but someone (my friend) had but out food which made it look as if the man had fed them... :evil: no one would sign...
The weim does not have enough fat nor muscle on its body for the cold night we are expecting this weekend...
There are 4 more dogs in better shape than this one(also 4 wild pups)..2 pregnant females(One that will have pups in about 3 days (my guess)but probably doesn't have enough milk if any).. ,1 non pregnant but she ate her last pups becasue she was starving!! and a small male .. But the ex wife is coming to get these but the Weim is not hers so she is leaving it! :evilbat:
I was told not to feed or water this dog because it made it look like the man was. To let it sit with nothing until the came to look! Well when are they coming??? They do not know.. BS.

A freind of mine was in a similar position. She did take the animal, when animal care and control questioned her later she said she thought it would die if she didn't and she was not charged but the rules could be different where you are. If all the dogs happened to "get loose" and you happened to "round them all up" maybe animal care would have to pick them up then because they'd be "strays". Let us know what happens.

Guest Anonymous

Ok here are the pics... They are not pretty. Animal control came out and left a note saying this dog was "close" to animal cruelty. We seized the dog legally mind you papers were signed and Monday we will be filing an arrest warrant for the owner for animal cruelty.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDpAuoTbJeedYKvRyixt5ejaVhCesYXriATLMLNfI*dVl5AqdXjit3WsEZPE4Ox10kWWZBzb*KImbD0jfqk1WFGWRBvL0y4rJLOhMIUjTA/Lucky1.jpg?dc=4675405125289962579[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgDfAusTp5ce3BCvIjfuYumEsKI!VhlviY*Bd9!nzpJ0*6tPXZdf!c2lfSAqJak*1spUd0zG1U5sRphuam7JUR6TUcu187vDLcnyAeyqXGc/Lucky2.jpg?dc=4675405125293387418[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgAAAOwT4peVltObqFqRk5iCaUi98NyphWLafupIJ2hhTEM1OWW92OpB3wCYNelPTlWMLPrYEalk16q7PGrVuR2OCOQHXzlHIWoKjDjplpI/Lucky3.jpg?dc=4675405125296171193[/img]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAAAAA0Tf2ff5HtTjvcdxleUubaAdCL33bMIHblXp0xtU8sjzZjdr0RxMT!aGa8Q4Zj!c0Fz1PjRzUCHYUux2V85Pg!W1pnvwK!NTU9OG0M/IM000132.JPG?dc=4675405138511839647[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Another Update on Lucky as he is now called...
The vet that checked him out today found an arrhythmia. It comes from malnourishment (Lucky's does) He said that if Lucky had stayed in the cold he would have died. Also he found BB's under his skin.
Our county has refused to do anything about this so the next step is to involve local media.

yep!! the media's a good idea! with all the bad rep police are getting lately where dogs are concerned, i'm sure they'd be willing to have a "change of heart" about prosecuting if they thought thier nonchalance was about to be exposed!! i say the rest of us do something to help! i say that if the local news channel is unwilling to air the story, you take out a full page ad showing a large pic of that poor tortured dog, the owners' names, and detailing the police's extremely laizze faire attitude about doing anything to help/prosecute. i know this will be expensive. i propose that you try the local tv news, and if they decline....some of us should pitch in $$ to fund the paper article!! all of those interested could PM you for a mailing address to send $5 a piece...i think all of us could scrape it together if we joined together. keep us posted on what the news media says.....our local channel has a special section at 5 that exposes things like this...maybe yours would be interested. if not, let me know. i don't have a lot to offer, but i'd do what i could to help you get this in the paper!!