Dogomania

Your single favorite doggy quirk

Bentley's Dad

What little thing (or big thing for that matter) that your dog does do you think is the funniest, most amusing, most athletic, etc.

I know for Bentley its when were playing ball, he will have the ball in his mouth, but then he tries to howl, and the tennis ball fills up his mouth so much that it muffles his howl and then his whole head gets into the motion and its just the greatest thing in the world. He doesnt howl unless hes playing ball and even then he still doesnt do it often so it remains a rare treat.

I can only pick one?????? ugh how hard! okay it would have to be the fact that lecter can leap like an antelope. he can clear a 3ft fence w/ a running start no problem. or when i get home from work and let him out of the crate his standing jump is more than enough to get your attention. He goes bounding around like a maniac and it just cracks me up.

POPPY SHE IS 12 SHE HAS HAD A STOKE SHE HAS ARTHRITES SHE IS ALSO OVER-WEIGHT :oops: BUT SHE ALWAYS GREETS US WITH A RUN TO HER BED AND ROLLS OVER ON HER BACK HER HEAD GOES FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER WHILE HER BACK RUBS HER BACK AGAINST HER BED OR BETTER STILL OUR BED (FIRST THING AFTER SHE HAS WOKEN US UP.) SHE HAS DONE THIS AS LONG AS WE HAVE HAD HER :D

Poppy sounds like Rinny, who's also had a stroke and has severe arthritis, is deaf and going blind. My favourite thing about him is that no matter what kind of day he's having (as a very senior citizen-16 in Feb- he has days that are worse than others), he'll still hobble over to say hi, sometimes he'll even do what he used to do and put his paws up on your shoulders and wrap his head around your neck for a hug. :)
With Blitz- I love seeing him run at full stretch, it's amazing how fast he can go when he's in the mood. I love how he plays "chicken" ie. runs as fast as he can straight at you, say from 100m away, and then swerves at the last minute- but if you swerve and he swerves too, you end up being knocked over onto the grass!

Guest Anonymous

Trying to put Gracie's blanket back on her chair cracks me up. She sometimes knocks it off, scratching and turning around to get comfy. I call her off to replace it, but before I can get it back up there she jumps back up. So, with every attempt I try to do it faster...it takes forever! I'm working on the sit stay command. :wink:

She's not a very playful dog, but when she does play it's doing laps around me or the in the yard([i]really fast[/i])...making happy little noises at the same time. She always runs in an oval shape...is this why greyhound tracks are oval?! :lol:

Connie

I recently discovered a "quirk" that I'm still bragging about...My APBT, Calliope, is kept in a dog lot, (when I'm gone) and has a house, some wooden pallets, and a couple blankets (she could get chilly!) I stuffed the blanket in her house one day before leaving. When I returned, I went to let her out, and she had drug it onto the pallet--to curl up on while she sat there. I thought it had to be a "fluke" until I noticed that where ever the sleeps, she drags the blanket over there! I gave her a second one when the weather got even cooler, and she now has quite a dilemma--she must move two blankets! She tries to pick them both up and drag them, but she ends up tripping on them. So she moves one, goes back for the other. Recently she decided to put them on top of her doghouse. she did move them back inside it for her nap.

Sam's funniest quirk is that he likes to have his ears scratched. Well, maybe "scratched" is the wrong work. He likes it when I stick my finger into his ear canal (not too deep) and move my fingers around.

It so cute. First, his eyes roll-back and he closes his eyes half-way. Then he'll make this loud, long "Huuunnnnnnnnn" sound for the duration. He just loves it.

He even comes up to me when he wants his ears scratched. He'll flap his ears and come stand right in front of me and stare, which is his way to telling me that his ears are itchy and he wants me to scratch them. He stand there until I scratch them.

The funniest thing is that our newest one, Zeke, has recently started licking Sam's ears. He flips Sam's ear over with his nose and starts licking. Sam just thinks this is heaven. Its funny to see one licking and the other going "Huuuunnnnnnnnnnnn".

[quote name='eric']Sam's funniest quirk is that he likes to have his ears scratched. Well, maybe "scratched" is the wrong work. He likes it when I stick my finger into his ear canal (not too deep) and move my fingers around.

It so cute. First, his eyes roll-back and he closes his eyes half-way. Then he'll make this loud, long "Huuunnnnnnnnn" sound for the duration. He just loves it. [/quote]

Ha ha! This is EXACTLY what Rinny does. He collapses against you if you do this to him, it makes him weak at the knees!!!
I also do it to Bk to calm him down, it makes him all sleepy and yawny. The other thing Bk loves is me scratching the base of his tail. It's got to the point where he will sometimes come over and stick his bum in my face, instead of his head! :o

Guest Anonymous

Kenzo -

When he's ready to play, he starts to make these goofy noises that sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars.

Kiki -

When she's [i]very [/i]excited to see me, she sounds like a pigeon cooing!

Yeah, it seems to be a fairly powerful sensation.

It reminds me of this one time my business partners and I went to visit a client. This client was the president of his own little company and brought his two GSD bitches into work with him every day. Very sweet girls.

So we go there and I'm like the only dog person (aside from this client) so I'm playing with and talking to the dogs. Anyhow, we start the meeting and the dogs follow us in. We're at this big table in the conference room, and one of the dogs goes under the table and comes up between my legs to get some more attention. I start rubbing her head, scratching her neck, etc, but nobody else can see the dog.

So here we are, quietly discussing business, and without even thinking I stick my fingers into the dog's ear and start rubbing. All of a sudden, in this very quiet room, the dog, in a very loud and prolonged fashion, goes: "Huuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnn".

The conversation immediately stops, and everyone turns to look at me, hands out of sight and apparently in my lap. After a few moments of uncomfortable silence, I manage to blurt out: "Its the dog", and the conversation slowly resumes. I refrained from doing that again.

[quote name='bk_blue']
Ha ha! This is EXACTLY what Rinny does. He collapses against you if you do this to him, it makes him weak at the knees!!!
I also do it to Bk to calm him down, it makes him all sleepy and yawny. The other thing Bk loves is me scratching the base of his tail. It's got to the point where he will sometimes come over and stick his bum in my face, instead of his head! :o[/quote]

Gee this made me have to THINK! HARD! 8)
Candy's quirk that comes to mind is how she will rub against me or the furniture like a cat. She makes a sort of woo woo sound as she is doing it. She really gets into it too, she'll be rubbing her face and the side of her body against the couch humping her back up just a bit, mouth open and just having herself a great time.
Brittany, being part herding dog, has a quirk related to her heritage. When at the dog park, if she sees another dog at a distance, she will start trotting hard and fast towards it. As she moves, she starts to sink downwards until she's almost crouching then drop to the ground and stare at the dog. If no other dog races past her to greet the newcomer, she will creep forward a bit at a time and even put her head down with her chin on the ground. She actually reminds me of a big cat stalking prey. This usually makes the other dog just a wee bit nervous. Brittany will eventually break from her crawling and run up to the newcomer to say hi there how are ya.
Jesse's quirk (well one of them) is that he is dedicated to washing my feet whenever he gets the chance. He is very possessive and determined about it and will wrap a paw around my ankle to hold my foot in place. If I have socks on, he will start to nibble on them. I don't mind the foot washing at all, it actually is so soothing that I dang near go into a trance. EXCEPT of course when he's nibbling between my toes, that tickles!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='lordgoliath']That's an easy one! For me it is when Goliath is half asleep and he farts. He jumps up really quickly and turns around to see who is sneaking up on him![/quote]

:lol: :lol: