Dogomania

Surgery

Hobbit

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gigishiba']Will they medicate him to help sedate him???[/quote]

Dear Lord, I WISH! No, it's up to us to keep him calm, no jumping, no running, no bouncing, no playing.....just a slow walk and only on a leash. Yeah.....a PUPPY that when he plays, plays wide open. I'm sure as soon as he starts feeling better, he'll have to be confined. Better stock up on plenty of toys, things to chew, apples (he likes those) and what ever else he'll play quietly with. He has that snuggle-up-to-you-because-I-want-something, down pretty good.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Hobbit'][quote name='gigishiba']Will they medicate him to help sedate him???[/quote]

Dear Lord, I WISH! No, it's up to us to keep him calm, no jumping, no running, no bouncing, no playing.....just a slow walk and only on a leash. Yeah.....a PUPPY that when he plays, plays wide open. I'm sure as soon as he starts feeling better, he'll have to be confined. Better stock up on plenty of toys, things to chew, apples (he likes those) and what ever else he'll play quietly with. He has that snuggle-up-to-you-because-I-want-something, down pretty good.[/quote]

Hmmm...want me to send you some of Kika's puppy valium????? She's only 19 pounds so I'm sure the dosage would be close! :lol:

GET SOME PIZZLE!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Hobbit can he bear any weight on that leg now?? (If he wanted to that is) That looks PAINFUL :( OUCH!!

Sedate him!! Hahaha you will be like me with Jac... I feel for you and Guy!! Stuffed sheep!! :lol: :lol: Jac likes Kongs stuffed with apples and bananas and cheerios...Froze them for 1 hr then he had to work at them for awhile (ok so 30 minutes is not that long)

Hey GIGI, Hobbit needs to go get Guy some giant pizzles!! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Yes, Jacsmom, I agree. Guy needs the GIANT GOLDEN pizzle, in his condition! :lol:

Just an FYI....I'm going to get some pizzle today over my lunch hour. Since we are taking the kids with us to mom's for Thanksgiving, we need some TREATS to occupy them. You know...mom doesn't want DOG hair everywhere, and NO DOGS on the furniture, and WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THOSE DOGS WHEN WE ARE AT GRAMMAS?

Jeeze...You want me to come visit, then you must accept my dogs!

Guest Anonymous

LOL!!!!

Yes, and they are ALL FOR ME! Let the dogs suffer as I shove them in their faces saying YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY!!!!!!!!

The dogs are gonna get dead logs. :lol:

[quote name='gigishiba']
Hmmm...want me to send you some of Kika's puppy valium????? She's only 19 pounds so I'm sure the dosage would be close! :lol:

GET SOME PIZZLE!!!!!!!![/quote]

Valium? Hum.... sounds like a plan! I hadn't thought about Pizzle, will get a case of them!

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, Kika gets it for thunderstorms. She takes 1/4 of a tablet and is good to go! It's called aceosomething (LOL) I can't remember the real name.

And pizzle...I might be nice enough to LEND you the GOLDEN pizzle for Guy... :wink:

In all seriousness, Hobbit, I keep thinking about him and I sure hope he does OK.

[quote name='Jacsmom']Hobbit can he bear any weight on that leg now?? (If he wanted to that is) That looks PAINFUL :( OUCH!!

Sedate him!! Hahaha you will be like me with Jac... I feel for you and Guy!! Stuffed sheep!! :lol: :lol: Jac likes Kongs stuffed with apples and bananas and cheerios...Froze them for 1 hr then he had to work at them for awhile (ok so 30 minutes is not that long)

Hey GIGI, Hobbit needs to go get Guy some giant pizzles!! :lol:[/quote]

Oh yeah, he can bounce, run, and use the leg. It is getting worse, though. And eventually, he will not be able to use the leg. The twisting is causing the ligaments and tendons to pull away from the elbow, thus dislocating the elbow (making it displystic). See, ... the ripple effect. So, we can have the leg fixed now ---- or have a whole lot of things fixed later. We just aren't going to put it off --- get the leg fixed now. When he cuts the Ulna loose, it will float back up and the elbow will correct itself.

We are going shopping after we check him into the hospital (because we don't have any pet stores around here).

[quote name='gigishiba']Yeah, Kika gets it for thunderstorms. She takes 1/4 of a tablet and is good to go! It's called aceosomething (LOL) I can't remember the real name.

And pizzle...I might be nice enough to LEND you the GOLDEN pizzle for Guy... :wink:

In all seriousness, Hobbit, I keep thinking about him and I sure hope he does OK.[/quote]

Acepromazine? That is "Angel Dust" for humans.

Thanks for the thoughts. Sometimes, I think I just not going to show up. But ignoring this won't make it go away. It will only get worse. And it is the best thing for him. I just wish it wasn't so invasive, and a little simplier procedure.

Guest Anonymous

I bet she stands around WAITING on Thunderstorms!! :lol: :lol:

So Hobbit is going to get some Pizzle for Guy??!!.....Hobbit do you have PIZZLE ENVY??? :o :o :lol: :lol:

:o

Pizzle envy? YES, I wish I had a braided one! :crazyeyes:

"Ace" does not affect animals like it does humans. We used "Ace" on the horses when needed, just not geldings or stallions. Why, you ask? Because sometimes, for what ever chemical reason --- the muscles would become paralyzed and the male horse could not retract his penis (it would permanently hang out --- NOT a good thing).

If it wasn't winter, we could take him swimming. He LOVES to swim and will do so for hours.

The vet said he'll have to go thru therapy, unknown exactly what they are going to have us do --- once the halo is off.

Right now, I am massaging his back, shoulders and neck. He goes to sleep and seems to sleep better afterwards.