Dogomania

Newstory.......

What do you guys think about this ? I personally don't know how a 2 month old puppy ended up in a bassinett, let alone how a Mother slept through a baby getting it's foot chewed off by needle sharp teeth !! That baby must've been shrieking !!!!!! More to this story I think than is being told at this point....... :-?

Dog chews baby's foot; mom charged

By Jeremy Craig | Staff Writer

Thursday, August 18, 2005 An Augusta mother has been arrested after her 2-month-old daughter's right foot was chewed by a puppy and had to be amputated, officials said Wednesday.

Ashley Marie Padgett, also known as Ashley Kellam Padgett, 22, of the 3800 block of Hensley Road, was charged with contributing to the deprivation of a minor, according to Richmond County jail records.
Special
Ashley Padgett was charged with contributing to the deprivation of a minor. Her 2-month-old daughter had to have a foot amputated.Sheriff's Lt. James Young said Ms. Padgett had placed the girl, Cadence Padgett, down to sleep sometime after noon.

Ms. Padgett went to the living room to take a nap herself. At about 1 or 2 p.m., she woke up when she heard Cadence crying and moaning, Lt. Young said.

The puppy had apparently jumped into the baby's bassinet and chewed off part of the right foot, he said. One of the baby's toes was also missing.

Lt. Young said the puppy was a Jack Russell terrier mix. A police report says the puppy, named Rosco, is about the same age as Cadence.

The lieutenant said Cadence was taken to Medical College of Georgia Hospital, where her right foot was amputated.

Ms. Padgett's 20-year-old brother, Stephen Kellam, said Wednesday afternoon that his niece is doing fine at MCG.

He said doctors estimated that Cadence would be in the hospital for about a week and a half.

Ms. Padgett was held at the Richmond County jail early Wednesday evening on $5,600 bond, jail officials said.

"Her momma needs to be with her, but what can you do?" Mr. Kellam said.

What upsets family members, he said, is that Ms. Padgett didn't have a chance to say goodbye or kiss Cadence before she was taken into custody by police.

"That just ain't right," he said.

Bruce McClure, field supervisor for Augusta Animal Services, which took the dog, said Rosco will remain quarantined for 10 days. Mr. McClure said the owners voluntarily surrendered the dog.

They "indicated that they did not want the animal back," he said.

Mr. McClure said the dog might have been teething at the time of the incident. He said young children and infants should not be left alone with any dog.

WHAT??????

:o :o :o :o :o

I cannot imagine a child just "moaning" through being chewed up!!! I would think she would have been SCREAMING!!!

I agree, theres much more to this story...mama may be an alcoholic or drug addict or something like that.....

how horrible!!! poor baby.....

:cry: :cry: