Dogomania

just a wee brag

This is just a bit of a brag really. Nothing too special but only doggy people would understand. Kes and I have been practicing down stays lately and today being sunday the park was full of footballing people, dogs , bikes, kids you name it. Perfect opportunity for practicing with distractions. She was doing a down stay with me about 10 metres away from her and not far at the other side of her a fight broke out between a samoyed and another Border collie. I know of both dogs and the BC is very hostile to other dogs and quick to attack. Panic stations errupted and I was scared of Kes running over and getting hurt, but she kept her down stay. I really am so so proud of her, because it was a huge test of distraction and at 4 months i would never subject her purposely to that. She didn't even flinch and when I broke her off she kept with me and didnt even look at the other dogs. She is just doing so well and so intensely bonded with me right now it feels great! :D Only doggy people would get that lol!

She is settling so much more too and getting more time away from the crate, and when we came back from the park I brought her into the sunroom with me to watch Eastenders. She hopped up on the chair opposite and she lay there and fell asleep. Usually she would just go mad running around the room. I've never had moments like these and I'm just loving having my own wee dog. I love watching her be so content :D

:oops: Thanks Court. They are 2 very different little dogs and Meg took a lot longer to peak than what I think Kes will take. Meg was always so willing and compliant, but Kes is an eager beaver and will ask for work, but her drive is more powerful than Megs which I love.

Speaking of Megs....you guys wouldn't recognise her if I took a photo of her. I still sneak down to see her and she has got so overweight and her coat is all overgrown and shabby. The state of her just tells its own story I guess, but she certainly isn't getting the same care or exercise as she did when I worked with her. :(

[quote name='courtnek']you have another Meg y'know...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

good jobs, both Kes AND Kat....I dont think its a coincidence that Kes is becoming as good as you trained Meg.

8)[/quote]

A big ditto to that! Congratulations!

But I'm sorry to hear about Meg. Poor girl doesn't deserve to get treatment like that.

If I can I will try sneak a photo of her when her owners aren't there just to show you. I feel so sorry for her. She just lays there on the concrete looking so dull, but when she sees me she whimpers and jumps up at the fence and wags her wee tail furiously. She is still very much in my mind. I know I have Kes and I talk about her a lot but I could never forget Meg. I still think about her every day. :(