Dogomania

HELP feed police dogs in Iraq.....

MBM

I don't understand - if there is food for people there is no reason for the dogs to starve. Perhaps they wouldn't have the best diet but a soldiers rations would do fine and would likely be better than some kibbles. Are people so brainwashed by the dog food companies that they think a dog must starve if there is not kibble around? I often worry about the care that police and military dogs get at the best of times - too often they are seen as tools as opposed to living beings. Gah, I hope they get something worked out.

Another article I read indicated that the dogs were "deployed dogs" which may indicate that the dogs are American police dogs in Iraq so it may not be THEY wanting YOUR money.

[quote]Military officials at the Combined Press Information Center in Baghdad did not immediately respond to the newspaper's request for information about the food supply for U.S. canines in Iraq.[/quote]
[url]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20050105-0934-nv-beggingforscraps.html[/url]

I really would like to know more, like:
Why they have dogs without a plan to care for them?
Whose dogs are they?
What conditions the dogs work under?
What conditions the dogs live under when not working?
Why they won't feed the dogs some meat, rice and veggies?
If an adequate solution cannot be found how do we get the dogs out of there?
And ideally I'd photos and a trustworthy source. (I don't trust people to not use a military/sob storey just to get money.)

Dogpaddle Im right there with you. If the soldiers are eating why can't they share their left overs with the dogs :evil:
Sounds kinda stupid to me.
What do people think dogs ate before kibble was invented??? my grandparents had working dogs that worked in the feilds with the cows and livestock those dogs ate table scraps and did really well. One of his collies died at the age of 21 by getting hit by a yard vehicle. The dogs were really healthy and my grandparents by no means were wealthy people. They think its quite ridiculous with the pet food industry this day and age.
I think those soldiers should be giving leftovers to the dogs.

[quote]"If one dog smells one bomb and saves a platoon's life, it's worth it," Terry Muratore told The Associated Press.[/quote]
[quote]"The concern is that these animals play a vital role in the security operations out there by sniffing for weapons that could take lives," Ensign aide Jack Finn said. "They have to be taken care of,[/quote]
[url]http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nevada/2005/jan/06/010610252.html[/url]
This is some peoples attitude as to why the dogs should be saved. This is part of what I mean about the dogs being viewed as a tool not a living being - it is only important to save the dogs for what they can do FOR people not because they just plain deserved not to starve in their own right.

Well the latest article indicates they are not American deployed dogs which is good - I would have been quite dissappointed if they had been shipped out without proper supplies.