Dogomania

Wipeout (or, the funny things dogs do)

eric

Funny little story with a picture...

While we've had snow for a while at the cottage, we didn't really have much snow at home until we got home this past weekend.

So we get home Sunday and let the boys out back for a pee. After a few minutes, I call them in from the back of the house. Well, Riley comes barrelling into the house full blast and discovers that snow covered feet + tile floor = wipeout.

His feet go shooting out, body slams down to the floor and he slidesa good 4 feet into the cupboard. Thankfully, he got up and didn't seem hurt.

The next time I let them out, I noticed that Riley came to a screeching halt at the door frame, and walked very gingerly and low to the ground until he was out of the kitchen, at which point he was back to running around.

I thought "that was weird" and didn't think more of it. Then he did it again the next time I let them out, and again, and again.

I finally clued in; he's afraid he's going to wipe out again.

Here's a pic of him being very cautious. Its really cute to watch.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0YQAMA9QbOA3vnAy4lbsNuTUg36mNlvdveKGh7PsHNwoYEn*0MgVHgUsrOkP37P2zbYueKzO8ckTGxOytTmVlH0ibA!y4Ud2DQZRAPOoPXeZTuEP6dR6F4XSEjECPo0B*aXyY!ABef2lw1CfpHAP6bw/dec%2015,%202004%20001.jpg?dc=4675501740877822913[/img]

Free doesnt need snow...she has discovered tha runners, on hardwood floor, make excellent sliders. She (and Laurel) will run at it full tilt, stop and slide across the dining room til they hit the kitchen. Then they will look at me like "MOM! reset it!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to get an area rug backer for it, cuz I'm constantly putting it back in place, but they have so much fun sliding on it I hate to do that....

:o :o