Dogomania

Warning For UK people

[size=6][color=red]Please be aware that four attempts have been made today to steal people's pet dogs in London. Two men with Irish accents and clip boards are pretending to do a dog food survey. They are knocking on doors to ask questions, while making a big fuss of the dogs and asking the dogs name, they then try and encourage the dog out of the house as they leave and try to bundle the dogs into their van. Police are advising that if you have anyone knocking on the door with the pretence of carrying out a survey don't give your dogs name and try and keep your dogs out of sight [/color][/size]

Thanks for the heads up Mouse. It sounds like travellers which I absolutely hate because they are always thieving. I remember at a dog show once there were travellers and Meg was tied in the back of the car with the boot open because it was a good day. The buggers tried walking away with her but luckily one of my fellow doggy people spotted that she was being taken and raised the alarm. Anytime now at shows we padlock our cages.

[quote]Why would anyone do that? What's the point for them? Sorry...I've just never heard of anything like that before. [/quote]

I heard that some times people steal dogs to use for Lab experiements. I also heard they steal them and sell to dog food companies. They get paid money for the dogs they steal and no questions asked. If they adopted dogs from a local shelter too many questions are asked.

[quote]I remember at a dog show once there were travellers and Meg was tied in the back of the car with the boot open because it was a good day. The buggers tried walking away with her but luckily one of my fellow doggy people spotted that she was being taken and raised the alarm. Anytime now at shows we padlock our cages.
_________________[/quote]
we never leave a dog unattended at a show we watch each others dogs
I would not trust a padlock