Dogomania

Look At This

Rowie-the-Pooh

This woman obviously has good intentions. And its great that she's trying to help St. Bernards that are being shipped off to South Korea..but look at her opinion on Pit Bulls :

[quote]Pitbulls:
The Pitbull is a dog which should never be bred. It should be illegal to breed or keep these dogs in New Zealand (and any other country!). They can be affectionate to their owners but they are [b]unstable and often quite insane[/b]. Their attachment to their owners and surroundings can be so intense that [b]they will kill to protect it[/b]. I recently took my own dog for a walk on the beach and a pitbull was loose. Its owner quickly put a lead on it but it lunged and salivated and tried to get my dog. This pitbull should NEVER have been loose on the beach without a leash. Imagine if it hadn't been quickly restrained by its owner. I would probably have been [b]mauled or killed [/b]in my attempt to protect my dog.
So, what can be done about the pitbull problem? Well, [b]extinction is clearly the kindest thing to do[/b]. A phasing out time so that existing pitbulls may live out their lifespan should be implemented (under strict conditions), along with making pitbull breeding illegal.[/quote]

:-? Sorry if this has been posted before, but I certainly do NOT agree with her!

It appears that this misinformed, ignorant woman is part of a group called SAFE (Save Animals From Exploitation), that align themselves with the likes of the ALF (Animal Liberation Front). Think PETA with weapons.

They're 'special'.

[url]http://www.nocompromise.org/issues/17nz_poultry.html[/url]

:stupid:

[quote name='Canis erectus']Ha! Most of the old folks in the senior community next door to me hate my 'big' dogs when they see them "lunging and salivating and trying to get their dogs" when we're out for a walk. It seldom crosses their minds that my girls just want to play :P .[/quote]

Ha! My dog does that too! When she sees people or other dogs in front of us, she begins to lunge, drool furiously, and pull so hard on the leash that she wheezes loudly and her feet slip and scrape on the ground. It is really a terrifying sight, but she [b]usually[/b] doesn't mean any harm by it. (Her behavior has jokingly been described as “that of a rabid beast”)

~Seij

what she also failed to notice was that she was WALKING HER DOG...APBT's can be very dog aggressive. Would this Pit have attacked her? probably not. My guess is it was interested in the other dog, for unknown reasons.

PETA and ALF use whatever means they can (inlcuding targeting small children) to try and get THEIR point across. Whether you want to hear it or not appears to be irrelevant...

:evil: