Dogomania

she had the chance to escape...and came back

courtnek

Both of them were barking, warning, most of the the dogs in the area were up in arms...

I opened the front door to check... she slipped out, between my legs. and ran to the edge of the lawn...I called her, she looked at me, then looked away to whatever her nose was telling her was out there.. I called her again, SHE CAME BACK...

I think this is an extraordinary thing. She didnt follow her nose. she came back to me. Maybe I have reached her? Maybe she loves me...

I know that hounds run to the scent...and are often untrainable on recall..
SHE CAME BACK!! Did I do something good???

I was always afraid that Laurel would run...she came back..I could not have caught her..she came back on her own...

In my best Martha Stewart voice, "it's a very good thing." :) Good girl, Laurel.

Now, Miss Thang... just what 'zactly were you doing OPENING your door with no idea what was on the other side? If the dogs in the neighborhood were firing off warnings, perhaps you could have peeked through a window? Maybe you had a little snub nose sumfin in your robe pocket? A single lady's gotta be careful these days! Peepholes! Use them!

Anyway, good job on da Laurel. She's doing great!

good point HF....You are of course correct....I was thinking "it's another round of visits from the Jehova's Witnesses"...which always sets off a barkfest around here, but it wasnt them last night. I will be more careful, since it wasnt them I dont know what it was that set the dogs off...

thanks

:oops: :oops: