Dogomania

How do you study with a dog around?!?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OKay, I should have gone to take my test for my L (driving) MONTHS ago, but have been putting it off, and putting it off for whatever excuse i can think of (one of them wasnt' an excuse though, one was for real), and I actually set a plan to do that this break. WELL, it's Sunday, we go back to school tomorrow, and guess who spent all break hanging with her boyfriend, playing with her dog, and laying around in her PJ's? :oops: Yup, Me.
So, I was bored, I even Counted my change jar, that's how bored! And once that was done, only one thing left to do. Pick up that book, and start studying. (Jared's at work, so I couldn't use him to bail me outa it).
So I put on a new CD I burned, so some good tunes, and get a pepsi, and relax on my bed with Coal to study. Yeah, right. Not with Coal around! I had my knees up, and he sat there with his head on them, and with this BIIIIG SIIIIGH, looks at me blinking those little puppy eyes. THEN, he gets up, and stands right over me, I couldn't see my book. So I pushed him off. Then he did the puppy eyes and sigh again, so I went downstairs, found his new TARTER CONTROL bone and gave that to him (he's been a real shadow all day, leaving him in a different room would drive him to cry and my 'rents to get mad)
I figured he'd be outa my way then. Well, he was out of my way yes... but... CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH on his bone :roll: I dulled that into background noice, then *PANT PANT, WHINE WHINE* So FINALLY I opened my door and told him out, and he leaves. YAY!!!! I sit down and get one line read then in he comes again for a little visit!!
In an hour I got one chapter read, this is my break... Coal has snuck off to lay in the living room (room next to here) so I figure that maybe I'll be able to sneak back up there and lock him out *sigh*
WISH ME LUCK! :lol:

How do you study with a dog around? That's an easy one... take one dog out for 2 hours, freeze to death, come back home--dog tired sleeps for the whole day. In the afternoon, take crazy dog out for an hour and a half (because you can't take anymore cold), come back--loonie sleeps for the evening, you have time and peace to do whatever you want :lol:

Put him in a down/stay on the floor a few feet away while you study, then take a break every 15 mins or so to reward him for staying and play with him a bit (you can also alternate between down/stays and sit/stays to keep him interested). The only problem with this is that if he won't hold a stay for that long reliably, you may have to break more often (who in their right mind would complain about more breaks from studying though :lol: ). If he won't stay at all, put him on a 6-10 ft lead and wrap it around the doorknob, and give him a bone or toy to keep him occupied while you work. That way he's got some space, but also can't get in your way.

Pei obsessed's idea works as well, and he'd probably like that better too :lol:

Guest Anonymous

:lol: I'm afraid even after Pei's suggestion he'd still be in my face :o He's a rather hyper puppy, and even if he does get tired, his snoring will keep me from concintrating! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions! :D

Shara, come take a handful of my gang home with you. You'll be kissing Coal full on the lips by the time you could get rid of them. You started me thinking and I started a post, too, on trying to accomplish something with dogs around. I'd never really thought about it before until you posted something about it. 8)

Guest Anonymous

:lol: HF - on any other occasion I'd be glad to take them off your hands, but I'm busy at the mo' and can barely handle one puppy :o :o