Dogomania

Disaster in N.I: puppy farm busted

imported_Kat

Yesterday a puppy farm was busted on the border of N. and S. Ireland. I didn't hear until this morning at 8.00am when I got a phone call as I was out last night. An estimated 60 odd dogs have been picked up. I'm going next week which isn't good but temporarily I've taken in a very hyper Beardie and 3 BC pups. Other breeds were Maltese, CKCS, Goldens to name some. All dogs kept in stinking conditions, and most underweight adults as the pups have taken so much out of them.

I'll try get some pics up later on. This is a disaster especially just coming up to Christmas when everyone is so busy, but at times like this all in the province MUST pull together.

hI
hOW AWFUL it makes me sick the way some people abuse dogs for breeding just for money and they cant even take care of them.Still good work you sre doimg taking in the dogs you have I admire you so much.
I bet the photos are awful,I hope they can all be saved and regain there health.
All so its a big worry this time of year that people buypups fpr xmas presents then dont want them when they are fully grown.I cant say how much your post upset me I hate to hear of any animal miss treated like that.Anyway well done I think it is great the way you have taken on 4 of these dogs.Have a very nice xmas and happy new year.

Even worse in a separate corrugated iron hut that was pathetic, a Pit Bull bitch has been found. She is possibly the worst case of malnourishment that I have ever seen. Currently she is at our Vets and I went up tonight and geeze I have seen so many underweight dogs but she is just pure bone.

We have called her Holly and I sat with her for an hour at her cage tonight. She was just terrified, she had no idea at all how to respond to human company or a lead and wolfed down her food. I gave her biscuits later and so so surprisingly she was incredibly gentle at taking them. This dog breaks my heart, and I am determined to win her trust and get her a good home. With some patience tonight she put a paw forward and licked my hand. She doesn't know how to respond to affection at all. Its so so sad, but tomorrow I am planning to dedicate as much time as possible to show this poor dog how to be affectionate. She is just so unsure and isn't aggressive in any way, and just looks up with these big scared eyes.

I will get some photos tomorrow of her because I want to show you all the ultimate of neglect.