Dogomania

:( =(

Wolfy

OMG people at some rescues are frickin communists.. I can't get a golden retriever because my German Shepard is being given to the cops.. and then i asked for a reason from the person... YOU READY? Because you may take the dog and dump it in a trash dump.. :oops: WTF? I dont abuse animals.. Now its time to call Shar-Pei (sp?) rescue.. :evilbat:

Guest Mutts4Me

Rescue people can be very picky, and sometimes they're downright obnoxious (we were turned down for the adoption of two kittens a few years ago because we didn't have enough room in our 3 bedroom ranch to accomadate two cats - we now have 4, plus a dog, and no one seems cramped). But they do what they think is in the best interest of the animals.

I don't know why the rescue person would think that you'd dump the dog, but I don't know the whole story, either. I do know that your other dog was being physically absued by your neighbors, so I don't understand why you'd want to get another dog to put in that situation?

I also know you live in an apartment from your other thread, so maybe you shouldn't be looking into a large dog that gets put outside so much. If you really want a dog, look into a smaller dog that would make a good indoor pet.

If you can't keep a dog safely, and you "can't live without a dog," maybe you should consider volunteering at your local shelter, where you can play with the dogs and take them for walks a few days a week, but you wouldn't have to worry about housing them and keeping them safe from your neighbors.

My point is that at 14 most kids are not financially secure enough to adequately care for a dog unless the parents are going to provide monetary support. That is why I asked how supportive Wolfy's parents are. It makes a big difference.

What if the dog gets sick? What if he/she has a chronic disease that requires ongoing treatment? Dogs need shots every year, a license that also costs money, and food. It is pretty hard to find a job at 14 and in reality he/she shouldn't be focusing on that anyway.

[quote] I'm 14 also but i know dogs better than most grown-ups! And I'm also TOO YOUNG to have a dog?!?! That's the age discrimination! [/quote]

[quote name='kendalyn']My point is that at 14 most kids are not financially secure enough to adequately care for a dog unless the parents are going to provide monetary support. That is why I asked how supportive Wolfy's parents are. It makes a big difference.

What if the dog gets sick? What if he/she has a chronic disease that requires ongoing treatment? Dogs need shots every year, a license that also costs money, and food. It is pretty hard to find a job at 14 and in reality he/she shouldn't be focusing on that anyway.[/quote]

At 14 there are also only like 4-5 years untill college... and what is going to happen to the dog then if you don't have your parents support?

But thinking someone knows how to take care of a dog at that age just because of that age is WRONG!!! :evil: