Dogomania

BC question...

Annushka

[quote]I've heard that border collies have a special structure of their legs and paws so that they fail more jumping obstages than other dogs.[/quote]

:o Whoever told u this is very wrong, borders usually excell at agility. They are very fast on thier feet, and ofen take first in the agility ring. :D

Kavik doesn't seem to have any trouble jumping with one exception - if he does a standing jump for a thrown item that is too high he will catch it but over rotates or something and lands unbalanced and rolls onto his tail/back or just lands on his tail/back. I have to be quite careful of this because he will try to catch if it is remotely possible, I either toss in his safe ranger or way, way higher so he won't try it. Kavik can easily jump, from nearly standing, and get all four feet above 4 feet or 1.2 meters - he can land these most of the time but I keep him under 3 1/2 feet or 1 meter to be sure. His horizontal jumping distance seems ok.

Guest Anonymous

I've never heard of this... my bc/aussie was an AWSOME Jumper, she always FLEW over the jumps, and just loved it. She could jump perfect! :D Where'd you hear about that anyway? Cuz in all the research I've done on these dogs, i sure have never heard that! :o