Dogomania

Valley Bulldog???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am Looking to get my own dog, I am moving out of my home after recently graduating college. I cannot live without a dog...we had an American Eskimo until I was 10 and when he passed away we got a Cairn Terrier, which we still have.
I have been doing TONS of research trying to find the right dog. I think that I finally found it in the Valley Bulldog. The only problem is that I can't find a single breeder of Valley Bulldogs...someone please help me. I actually have found one, but they are located in Nova Scotia and I live in Chicago.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! :cry: [b][/b]

Oh I have an American Eskimo! :angel: It's great to hear them called by their proper name and not being called Spitz :)

If you give a list of what you are looking for in a dog, these Dogo's can match you up real quick. Also have you checked PetFinder.com?
I haven't really ever heard of Valley Bulldogs..

Guest Mutts4Me

[quote name='Lucky Chaos']Heres some info on them

[url]http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/valleybulldog.htm[/url]

IMHO it actually sounds more like a cross breed then a breed, its mostly a cross between a bulldog and a boxer.[/quote]

Yeah I was just looking at that site, too. The description even starts out saying how valley bulldogs can either look like tall bulldogs OR short boxers, which kind of suggests that they don't have a stable version of the "breed" yet.

My suggestion to the person looking for a Valley Bulldog would be to go to your local animal shelters and look at boxer mixes and bulldog mixes, since your interests seem to lie there. You can rescue a dog, get the attributes you want, and not pay a small fortune for what is, essentially, another mutt. Either that, or look at reputable bulldog or boxer breeders and consider one of those. If you're willing to pay a high price for a dog, as I'm assuming a Valley Bulldog would cost, then you may as well get one that is garaunteed to be healthy.

If a boxer or English bulldog is not what you want, and you want a purebred, quality dog, why don't you let these nice people know what exactly you're looking for in a dog. What made you think this Valley Bulldog creation is the perfect dog for you? Listing specific attributes you want in a dog (as well as your living situation) can aide people in making suggestions.

Good luck on your search for a dog, whatever you may decide on!