Dogomania

Rain...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok so Cody LOVES LOVES LOVES Water.. which i have found out today, living in Seattle is NOT good for a dog who love water.. lol it was pouring rain and didnt know i had the dogs out to go pee. well Zoey started to bark so i let her in saw it was pouring rain, looked everywhere for Cody.. where was he? Under the table dry?, under hte patio dry? NO OUT IN THE GRASS IN THE POURING RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

now i have had to blowdry him 3 times today becuase the rainy season has started..

Guest Anonymous

I looked outside to see it pouring out, then clicked on this topic and it magicly stopped! :lol: weird...
I know what you mean, I have a CAT (believe it or not) just like that. I have to dry her off every time I let her in (which is of course AFTER it rains, while all the cats are inside dry, she's out playin in theh water!) she's like a little kid that plays in mud puddles I swear! (or as I like to call them, "muddles" :wink: )

oscar hates the rain. i mean really HATES the rain. I have to drag him outside and stand there till he 'does' or he just won't -- he'll go inside and wait till i turn my back .... sneaky puppy.

but, i must say, i gave him a bath last night and he only tried to jump out once ... making progress there, i guess ....

sandy used to love water...I used to have a duck pond, and for the longest time I never knew how she was getting wet. Turned out she was literally sneaking into the pond and submersing herself by inches, I don't know where she got the idea she wasn't supposed to be IN the pond! If she was just a few inches in and heard me coming, she would pretend to drink, but if she was soaking wet, she'd hi-tail it far away and then act nonchalant as she slogged her way back down toward the house. Now she can't stand rain or wading or even wet grass, but will still go swimming. Buddy and India apparently hate baths but go swimming, too. They would come back dripping ice cold crystal clear water, and for awhile I thought they were getting in the creek. (it was the neighbor's above ground pool, actually) Fang will lay in a kiddie pool after his walk, soaking it up like a big sponge. Calliope I have not been able to get her in water at all. Gypsy HATES swimming and baths but rainy days are days that you couldn't pay me enough to let her out without a leash--I end up chasing her for about a half hour, bare foot, half dressed, soaked to the bone, muddy, miserable, scared half to death. Then the soggy mutt comes back pleased as peaches at her run!