Dogomania

Fair!

yellowlabsrule

Well our county fair was last Tuesday through today! Sable, Winnie and I competed and did pretty good! Yesterday, Winnie and I did showmanship, and we got reserve champion in our class (intermediate experienced) then they had the champion class (with at least 20 dogs) and we got reserve GRAND champion! :D (after that was the fun stuff :lol: ) Next, we did (with both dogs) costume (Winnie was a bee and Sable a ladybug), tricks (they put the dogs on the news doing their tricks :o ), and agility :thumbs: . I also took a dog facts test. Then today... we got the results from our test and I was the champion of my age group :o :o (I was also the only one who even did good enough to qualify for a champion :o :o :o ) And the prize was a dog bowl :thumbs: ( I love practical prizes) Then Winnie and I did novice obedience (which includes off leash) and Winnie had other ideas about what she wanted to do. (I don't blame her one bit!) So we didn't do to well in that. BUT... then Sable and I did the sub-novice and she did great! We were tied with another girl, so we had a run off and (drum roll please) WE WON! :D :D :D And it's Sable's first show EVER! (unless she did it with her other owner, but I seriously doubt it) And the prize for that was a very cute jewelry box (with dogs on it of course) So, we all had a lot of FUN which is the MOST IMPORTANT PART. 8) And we are all going to the state fair to compete (Lord willing) :o :D :D :D

Guest Anonymous

Wow, that was a pretty good day! I took my dog to one fun dog show, she picked up some prizes, it was a wonderful day. I was wondering how old you are? :D :roll:

Wow! It seems like you had a wonderful, spectacular, exciting day! :D The fair sounds like so much FUN! And you one loads of prizes! Way to go! :kciuki: And hooray for Sable's first show! :klacz: I'm so glad you had so much fun, and good luck in the state fair!! :D

[size=2](Say hi and congratulations to your dogs Yellow! :wink: ) [/size]

[quote] I was wondering how old you are?[/quote]
I am 14, why the :roll: ?

[quote]Although I'm kind of against Dog shows and fairs, but I dont see the harm in your case since it was all in good fun![/quote]
Well, I guess I should have said this was a 4-H event. So it probably doesn't classify as a real "dog show".