Dogomania

Started RAW today.

DogPaddle

Couldn't wait for my mom and Abby so we started RAW today - have read Volhard and some other book and internet sources and freind of mine who feeds RAW and have decided not to do Volhard but to do a diet more like my freinds (he is helping me for now.) Very little carbs, plenty of raw meat (chicken, turkey and beef mostly, some fish) and bones, soupified veggies, some fruit, some yogurt and occaisional cottage cheese, Andrew uses no supplements really but adds some herbs (he has some univ thing in herbal medacine) but I may be adding this raw diet supplement from my mom's vet as soon as they give me an ingredients list.
So far so good. No runs. No problem with them liking it - they love it. I was worried they would not eat nicely beside each other but they seem ok (we have a wire stand for their food so they don't have to bend down to eat and the two bowls are very close.)
Will keep you all posted and probably have many more questions.

:D Another convert..... :wink:

Sounds like you have a lot of good resources!
We do a pretty hodge podge approach, so I don't recommend one style over another. I did find Volhard a bit complicated though! I hope you find raw feeding as successful and enjoyable as we do. :)

Good to see some more converts!!!
I'm with Alicat in that I don't neccessarilly reccommend one style over another, I've seen good results with many different styles. Personally I stay away from any form of grains, the dogs have plenty of energy without it. Just keep in mind that variety is the spice of life and if you do decide to supplement or add herbs etc that it is not neccissary to do so every day, a few times a week is fine.
As for the runs, you can expect it to take a few days for a dogs digestive system to adjust to their new, healthy diet. Soon enough though you will find their stools are much smaller and less smelly than ever before! :D