Dogomania

Clicking

[quote name='schippsmom']:Dog_run:

Does anyone clicker train? If so, Where do I start? :confused1:[/quote]

Hi! I clicker train and I posted a lot of advise on this thread [url]http://forum.dogomania.com/viewtopic.php?t=5918[/url] why don't you take a look at it.

Guest Anonymous

I clicker train, too. I have found it very effective. A class would be a great idea for you so that you can see the instructor in action. :-)

i've just started clicker training and even though my dog is a maniac it has been very effective, if you can find a trainer it would be well worth it though, as coordinating the process and timing the click would be easier with someone experienced to help.......good luck, let us know how it goes! :)

as an add-on to my post yesterday, i have been working with dresden on several things - sit, down, etc- and she has gotten pretty good, a couple days ago i started teaching her "heel" (now bearing in mind that this is a very impatient dog that pulls ALL the time), i've only worked with her twice (and the first time was in my yard) and she is already getting it!

it really is impressive how much dogs will do for you on their own if you're not forcing and jerking and if you reward the positive behavior! :):):)