Dogomania

Tricks that dogs do...

What kind of tricks can your dog/dogs do?
My baby dog can do the basics like;

Sit
Lay down / Go lay down
Beg
Shake
Speak
roll over

And her weird tricks are:

What do girls do? - Thats where she rolls over on her back and sprawls out.
Dance - She will get on her hind legs and dance in a circle
Get your tail - Thats when she gets her tail on command
High five - Gives me a big high-five while sitting up
Night-night time - Thats when see goes straight for her bed on command and stays there.
Talk to me - Thats when she will start barking and grumbling at me as we talk.

Oh, and she can also fetch a frisbee in mid-air but i'm not sure if you consider that a trick or not.
I would love to here about your dog/dogs tricks! :D

[img]http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/9/83/55/74698355yjNKhO_th.jpg[/img]

Abby knows the basics
Sit
Stay
Come
Stand
Drop It
Leave It
She also knows how to smile, or show her teeth on command. She knows circle or spin, where she goes in a circle. She also knows beg, and paw. I'm working with her on hold it. Eventually I want to be able to give Abby a tin can and for her to go put it in the recycle box. She's only in the first stages of learning it though. I'm also working on bow, and speak. :D

Blitz knows the basics (sit etc). He also knows "jump", "on your bed", "give", "take", "get your tin" where he grabs his food tin and "get your toy" where he gets his dumbbell. He can sort of shake (but he gets a bit confused with the paw!), and he knows roll over, and "on your box" which is where he gets up on this stone block in the backyard and sits down like the Dog on the Tuckerbox (Aussie users will know that reference). :wink: He also knows "behave" would you believe but he only occasionally obeys that one. :lol:

My dogs all know a little something. Most of them know all the basics by heart--sit, stay, come, down. Then, collectively, they clap, rollover, crawl, give me four, sit up pretty, dance, spin, shake hands, fetch, and get the cat (they just follow her on command, no touching!)

They all know the basic things, then some will do other things. Joey can "dance". Haley will do "foot" (put her front foot up on something so you can pet her), and we're working on "untie" (she always unties peoples' shoes when they come in the house or stop to pet her, so we might as well put it to use :lol: ). Casey gives paws, and will sometimes "talk" when you talk to her, but I haven't been able to get her to do it everytime yet. Annie will "keep it" (point at one of the other dogs, a toy, or the cat, and she'll go over there and keep them from going anywhere, barking at them and hopping in their way if they try to leave) and does a pretty snappy water retrieve (ok, so her swimming style could use work, but still :lol: ). Goo will "climb" (up a ladder, or anything with rungs or slats like a ladder). She also does "five", "paw", "Hi" (waves), "raise your hand", "crawl around" (crawls on the ground), "roll" (roll over), "get that" (point at soemthing and she'll bring it), "huggies" (drops her head down and peeks up at you for a hug), and "crash" (taken from her "hard hitting" retrieval style, she thinks the best way to give you the toy back is to ram it right into you :lol: ).

Guest Anonymous

Drey also has the basics, sit down and we are getting good at stay, working on heel. about the only cool trick he does is wait we when walk and he gets way out in front(on his flexi) he will stop sit and wait for me to catch up he also sits automatically at corners and waits fr the okay before he crosses. He is actually better at waiting at corners than me there have been a few times that i have coasted right off the curb and he just sits there anyway(he gets extra praise when he does that). Also he is finally lifting his leg to pee. I am very proud of that, he pees like a man now.

my poodle will sneeze if i tell him too or if i pretend to sneeze.

my border collie know too much to write. a couple cute things he does is he picks up things around the house without asking, like paper, pens, pencils, anything that doesnt belong on the floor. If i ask for the remote he will get it for me, at my home and my Mothers. He will give something to somebody if you hand it to him and ask him like "give this to Grandma", if i tell him "my feet are cold" he will get my slippers. If i bring out the fishing pole he goes nuts and runs in the river watching the line to see if i caught a fishy. If i drop something all i gotta say is "can you get that for me?" and he picks it up and gives it to me.

Hes a smarty pants! :rainbow1:

[color=indigo]Mickey is still kinda young but he can do
~sit
~stay
~lie down
~roll over
~walk
~give me paw
~high five
~wave
~spin
~slam dunk (he'll slam dunk a ball)
~score (he'll shoot the soccer ball into the net)
~blanace (a treat on the nose)
~get back
~come
~go to bed
~catch

He's learning hwo to speak but he still hasn't gotten it mastered yet. He's not much of a barker so its kinda hard. 8) [/color]

Akber the way I taught Blitz to roll over was I got him to lie down using "drop" or "lie down" as a command (he knows both), then use the command "roll over" while rolling him over myself; after a few goes he got it and will do it on command now. :) The only thing with rolling him over myself is that a pushier dog may not like being forced onto his back- BK is dominant with other dogs but I could hang him upside down and he wouldn't even growl at me. :wink:

Thanks bk_blue! :D Abby is dominant, but she lets Cracker push her down when they play... sometimes it's hard for me to tell who is the dominant one between them. I don't think it will be a problem... Abby is good about being pushed into positions.