Dogomania

HELP!!!!!

jen

[size=7][color=red]HELP[/color][/size]
I`ve got a big problem with Laylah (my new rescue dog).
now she`s been with us a few weeks Laylah has come out of her shell and has took to terrorising my 10yr old yourkie terrier called Joe. I can`t walk then together on leads as she terorises him, and in the house it`s just a nightmare as she chases him all over the house until she`s got him cornered under a table or something else and barks, tries to dig him out and basically scares him to death....there`s no stopping her. :o
Now Joe is so scared he won`t come downstairs :cry:
i`m scared he`ll have a heart attack or something.
on top of that Barney my JRT hates Laylah and fights keep breaking out....i`m a nervous wreck tonight.
I thought everything was starting to settle down, but it`s all going wrong :cry:
I don`t know what to do.....Laylah is a lovley dog...everyone in the family loves her, but i don`t want to upset my other dogs...especially Joe as he`s old and takes a lot of coaxing to eat his food without the added trauma of what Laylah`s putting him through.
i`m so confused and upset :cry: please can someone give me some advice.

she is ten months old K.
I don`t think barney my JRT is helping the situation as he still hasn`t taken to her and doesn`t like he at all, so despite being only about as big as Laylah`s head (the rottie pup) he bosses her about and picks on her, then starts snapping at her....and a fight breaks out....Laylah coud hurt him if she wanted too but doesn`t seem to fight back much...but she is starting to become mor agressive when a ight beaks out between her and barney and i`m frightened all this will change her temprement and make her snappy :( at the moment she generally has quite a nice temprement.....but has just started this silly thing with Joe my yorkie terrier(scareing him to death), and i wondered if it`s prehaps it`s because Barne`s picking on her, so she`s started picking on Joe?
Barney`s sooooooo jealous of Laylah too, when he has no need to be as i share my attention and love between all 4 of them pretty well, but everytime i start fussing Laylah he starts a fight, if Laylah picks a toy up...even though there`s loads of toys round the house he gets jealous and takes it off her, then a fight breaks out......oh it`s endless :(
have you any ideas?

Jen,
I really have sympathy for what you are going through right now, it is hard with 3 dogs.
Barney is just letting this new interloper know where she stands in the pack, and he's letting her know he is the BOSS !! They really will work things out. :wink:
I have 2 Jack Russell Terriers (both female) and 1 Lab/Rott(female) and believe or not the Lab/Rott is at the bottom of the totem pole ! The youngest JRT is top dog. She is the most aggressive of the 3 and doesn't hesitate to keep them in line. :agrue:
Everything will be O.K , you just have to keep after Layla, when she's getting after Joe. She probably feels the need to be dominate over him, because Barney is over her. :wink:
Hope all goes well, Keep us updated on your progress !! :angel:

this might be silly but what about putting her in her crate and making her wait to eat until all the other dogs are done, (in an area near enough so she knows they are eating and she is waiting) that might be a pretty obvious sign to her that she is at the bottom and is going to have to stay there. just a thought..

[quote name='jen']good idea Marble but we don`t have crates :D[/quote]

well then maybe you can put her in a room and close the door and then line up all the other dogs food bowls right next to the other side of the door so she can hear them all chewing :):):)

Thats actually a really great idea Marble.
If things don't settle down you might consider joining a yahoo group called "Canineaggression" - it would really be worth it and if you don't have a yahoo email address already its easy enough to get one. I posted about Lilys problems in there and although a few of them say to go to a behavioralist (they are 90% of them trainers themselves, guess their trying to make their business rich!) you still get alot of good advice. They know what they're talking about. One thing that I found really interesting is that apparently if you lower a dogs protein intake studys have shown that it reduces aggression. Interesting huh?
Well, good luck and as I said, if things don't get any better come and join the group!!! :D