Dogomania

Chihuahua Food

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi:
I am soon getting a Chi, (I am adopting a beautiful 4 year old, 4 lbs.), does anyone have suggestions as to which brand food would be best. I imagine he probably needs very small pieces, since he is so tiny. I've never had a dog this small before, so this is new to me.
Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

My Macy, who is a 6-pound Maltese, eats Iams Minichunks. She doesn't seem to have any problem with the size. (This is what her breeder fed her; I may eventually switch to Innova or Canidae because of the higher-quality ingredients, though I do need to find out how big their kibble chunks are!)

Angerboddy, I use to feed Nutro max and my dogs coat were both dull, they has dandruff and my already lazy dog had NO energy. Now that i've switched their food it is the total opposite. If you read the ingredients Nutro food does not have enough protein in it either, and it was found to be one of the foods which contained pentobarbitol, a drug used to euthinize animals.